Their Future

A/n-
22/4/2019
I'm about to watch season 8 episode 2. In Ireland it doesn't air until 9 on Mondays. Now I know it's on at 3 in the morning but I value my sleep.

Anyway I made the stupid decision to check my points on Throne Fantasy earlier and I saw that I earned more points from my favourite character. I won't tell you what I saw but it shook me to the core and I'm currently cursing myself.
~update~
I just watched it and I'm screaming. I'm soooo happy.

Feel free to message me so we can talk about theories!

What's this? Another update? Well to celebrate my utter delight I'm working tirelessly for you all.
Speaking of which check out my new GoT fanfic M A E G I.
-A

Ashanna lay awake in her bed. Her eyes staring blankly at the ceiling of her room. She contemplated going next door to Mila. Her dear friend was learning healing methods from Ashanna's new sister.

Her mind drifted like a boat lost at sea.
They were leaving for the twins tomorrow. It would take a number of days to reach the twins.
Ashanna didn't want to go, she felt an unshakable dread.

Robb should've married the Fray girl... but he was right to follow his heart. The situation at hand conflicted Ashanna. She didn't want to admit her brother did anything wrong, but he did. He broke his oath.

Ashanna sighed.

She was prepared to do the same. She would've set aside her betrothed Jojen Reed for Gendry. She still would. She met her betrothed once as a child. She knew he would be a kind, loving man. But she didn't want him, not anymore.
She wanted her love. Her Gendry.

She nearly told Robb and their mother as much. She didn't want to be an oath breaker though. She wanted to be good, honourable and true to her word.

How could she be true to her word if her heart protested with such ferocity?

It was not the time to make confessions like this. After the wedding she would tell them. She would tell them of the man who saved and stole her heart. She would renounce her title as a lady if they wouldn't except him. He was her heart, her soul. Her past, present and future.

Ashanna Stark finally fell asleep and she dreamed a fruitful dream.

Ashanna found herself in Winterfell. She wandered the empty courtyard in a daze.

"Mother!" A small feminine voice called. Ashanna whipped around to face the sprinting little girl. Ashanna looked over her shoulder.
Nobody. There was nobody else there.

The girl was running to her.

She stopped at Ashanna's feet. She was tightly wrapped up in furs. Her Stark dark hair was flowing down her shoulders. Those bright blue eyes.. belonged to her love.

The little girl couldn't be more than four. She smiled at Ashsnna mischievously two of her front teeth were missing. She lifted up her hands to Ashanna. Silently asking to be lifted up.

Ashanna smiled at the little girl before happily obliging her. She hoisted her gently off her feet and rested her in her hip. The little girl beamed at her before nestling her cheek lovingly against Ashanna. Something she used to do with her own mother as a child.

"You called her Eddara after your father." A low voice whispered. A young man suddenly came into Ashanna's view. Moss green eyes and a mop of sandy brown hair. A smile lit his lips, as if he was delighted to see her. But those eyes had a hint of wisdom and sadness. She knew those eyes.

Jojen Reed. Her betrothed.

"It's me." He nodded as if reading her thoughts.

Her mind has always been cruel but this was taking a step too far. Her mind was conjuring dreams that featured a boy she once loved with all her heart and a child she could've had if she had chosen him.

"This is a dream and yet it is not. I speak to you in my own dreaming state, in the North." Jojen explained cryptically. He could understand her thoughts.. because he was in her head.

"The child in your arms is not mine. As much as I wish it was. I wish I could've married you, Ashanna. With all my heart I wish it. My duty and your heart got in the way. Fate decided a long time ago that we were never to be." Jojen said softly as he touched her face lightly.

"Your brothers are alive. I'm traveling with them in the North. I received a vision telling me to aide Brandon Stark. I went knowing I will never see you or marry you. I will never see my mother or father or the greywater watch ever again. I went because he is our last hope. I'm telling you now because I want you to understand how much I loved you. That I love you enough to let you go." Jojen professed as he peered into her very soul.

"I will die beyond the wall. My one wish is that you keep fighting. That you live. I want you to promise me that you will never stop fighting for the living, for life no matter the odds. Promise me that you'll live and love and bare that beautiful child in your arms." Jojen said softly as he pressed his forehead gently to hers.

"Fight for this." He whispered before fading into nothing. In his place, Gendry sat with two young children on his lap. A boy and a girl at the age of two. Both with dark hair and Ashanna's grey eyes... their mother's grey eyes.

Ashanna felt her stomach suddenly become rounded. Another child.

Ashanna's gaze locked with Gendry's. He gave her that knowing look that she had missed with all her heart.

Ashanna wanted this to be her future more than anything in the world.
She wanted this to be their future.