Training

A/N-
I watched the first episode of season 8 and I genuinely cried during the opening credits. I kid you not, I actually bawled tears of joy. Attached is one of the trailers for season 8.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS DO NOT WATCH IT IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO DATE!!!
-A

Ashanna Stark stood in the corner of the courtyard. Her grey eyes were locked on the makeshift wooden targets opposite her.

A small table lay beside her.
Ashanna's beloved friend Mila sat with Talisa, Robb's wife. Ashanna could hear Talisa educating Mila on her words, she was improving drastically. Cedric enjoyed those lessons as well but he preferred Ashanna's company.

Hence why he decided to train with her today.

"What's the matter Princess? Are you a bit rusty?" Cedric asked jokingly. Ashanna threw him a warning glare before returning her gaze to the target.

"You're not meant to be training with me. Go find Ser Arran and Lord Larson I'm sure they're looking for you." Ashanna quipped as she took an arrow out of her quiver. Cedric let out a groan.

"Ser Arran wants me to use a sword. And he's insisting I learn all the houses and their mottos in the damned seven kingdoms."

Ashanna scoffed.

"Oh poor Ser Cedric doesn't want an anointed Knight teaching him swordplay or imperative information about our home country." Ashanna pouted mockingly.

Cedric narrowed his eyes at her slightly as a chuckle escaped his lips.

"You're in a brighter mood." He noted as he retrieved his axe from his target.

Ashanna watched him as he walked.

"I'm feeling better." She said softly to herself.

Robb had noted her happier state at breakfast. Mila braided her hair into a long braid. Her mother laid out a blue tunic that she wore at her age.

Ashanna Stark felt brighter in her new attire. She certainly felt safer.

She smiled to herself as she notched her arrow on her weirwood bow.

Her father had given it to her as a gift.. a long time ago. Every time she held it she smelled the musk of fur, she felt summer snow melting on her skin, she heard the laughter of her beloved siblings.

This bow was her mother's kiss, her father's praise, Robb and Jon's laughs, Sansa and Arya's love, Bran's jokes and Rickon's hugs.
This bow was Winterfell.
Her heart.

Ashanna drew back the bow string and aimed for the centre of the target.

A smile was still etched on her lips.

She looses the arrow and watched it soar through the air. She held her breath as the arrow embedded itself into the centre of the target.

"Just a bit Rusty." Ashanna said smugly as she beamed at Cedric.

Ashanna's smile widened when she spotted Robb approaching them. It faltered  however when she noted the displeasure on his face.
His dark eyes were coated with disbelief as he stopped in front of Ashanna.

Talisa and Mila jumped out of their seats and quickly joined Ashanna.
Robb took his wife's hand gently before meeting Ashanna's gaze.

"I need to speak with you both." He said gently.
Ashanna nodded before following her king and queen back into the castle's walls. Cedric and Mila sat at the table meekly, waiting for her to return.

Robb waited until they were in the great hall. Their uncle Edmure and their mother stood conversing quietly as they arrived.

Then Robb finally told her everything.
He told her they held the Kingslayer captive.. that was before their mother released him in return for Ashanna and her sisters' freedom.
He told her that several of Robb's lords murdered young Lannister children in retaliation.

Robb executed those lords and house Karstark abandoned their cause.

Due to Robb's marriage to Talisa, House Fray was abandoning them now. Robb broke his vow to marry one of Lord Walder's daughters.

Their uncle Edmure volunteered to save them by marrying Lord Walder's daughter.

They were expected at the Twins within the week.

There was to be a wedding.