第23章

QOTD: where are you from?

"W-what do you mean?" Hui Ying stuttered. She was scared, and beyond terrified. They were supposed to have stayed below, trapped underneath the ground and never to be surfaced again. So why have they been summoned?

"The ancient spell of summoning have been found, and-" Yu Jiao sigh, "Yue Long's little lamb found it and handed it over to him, he had already summoned some witches and demons. They are planning to sacrifice 6766 humans to accumulate their dark energy and then uses it for the raining ceremony."

Jing Yi looked over to Hui Ying, her body was trembling and her face was like a sheet of white paper, blood drained from her face. Flashbacks of the nasty bloody night flashed in Hui Ying's mind.

She was once captured by the witches to be experimented on, they had done countless of experiments on her and finally they have succeeded in making their ultimate weapon.

The literal 'Death Collector' was what they named her, with her right arm full of ancient death markings that with a touch of her hand she could take any life away. But every life she takes, she slowly loses her soul.  Luckily, she managed to seal it forever at the cost of her next life. She will never be able to reincarnate.

"Are you okay?" Jing Yi asked concerned, the blood slowly starts returning to Hui Ying's face as she took a deep breathe and nodded her head.

"Whatever you're scared of, do not worry we are here for you." Jing Yi said as she lightly patted Hui Ying's  hand.

"Do not pay too much attention to her words, with the evidence you provided you could already be counted as my friend. Those who wants Yue Long dead, is my friend" Jing Yi said to Yu Jiao.

Yu Jiao understood on a deeper level what those words mean, the past she've faced will cease to exist. She deserves a better man, who can take care of her and love her in this lifetime.

Yu Jiao reached into her sleeves as she pulled out the books that had Yue Long's evidence in and handed them over to Jing Yi. She received the books and hid them within her sleeves before she stood up.

"This news is detrimental to the safeties of all of the people. I will personally bring this news over to Hao Ming and have him quickly return. Who knows what the witches and demons are planning, they may on surface be dogs to their summoner but who know what they are actually planning. They may know a few tricks but a pierce in their heart and they will still die."

"Yes. They will die." Hui Ying repeated as though she was comforting herself.

"Train your soldiers and have them secretly prepare weapons. Train them to be efficient in darkness, they after all are the beings of the dark." Jing Yi turned to Yu Jiao and instructed, which earned a nod from her.

Jing Yi downed the cup of tea before she got up, said her greetings and left. Firstly, she wanted to hide the evidence and then prepare to head out secretly. She was slightly feeling unease as the events that had happened does not aligned with that of the past drastically.

Could it be that without her help, Fu Yue Long had in turn, turned to the witches and demons for help? Can a throne really be so great that the citizen's life can be thrown away?

Jing Yi sighed before she got on board the horse carriage and headed back home. When she had gotten off the carriage she could see Chen Yu by the manor's gate, with a slight smile waiting for her.

"How was your day?" He asked softly, he could sense the slightly troubled mood his sister have.

"What will you do to obtain your pure goal? Will you stop at nothing and push on, even if you might end up alone in this world and criticised?" She asked after pondering for a while.

"If it is for the greater good, then yes. Why, whats wrong?" Chen Yu asked full of worries and concerns.

Jing Yi was reluctant, was scared to part with the new found warmth and familial love she'd received. Yet at the same time, were they to be put in danger, she felt like she would not be able to bear it at all.

She forced a smile on her face, "This life, i am grateful for the chance the heavens have given me. I'm really happy to have been apart of this lovely family."

"What's wrong with you Jing Yi? Did something happen? Tell big brother." Chen Yu felt like what was in front of her would magically disappear, he had always felt that she was slightly detached towards them.

He had his suspicions, how can one be sure that he had not found his answers? Yet, had he decided to silently embrace everything because he had grown accustomed to this little sister.

Sighing in his heart, he lightly patted Jing Yi's head: "Whatever happens, big brother will always stand by you okay?"

Jing Yi's heart surged, in that instance it was as though she had been seen through. But she felt assured, adorning a light spirited smile that she had long thought she would never again show, Jing Yi nodded her head at her brother's word.

When night comes around, she changes into the tight fitted clothes as she rushes over to Fu Wang village. Lightly creeping around the area, Jing Yi took in every details of her surrounding, she had never came to this place before and could not afford any risks. Her leisure time was interrupted when the darkness spoke out to her.

**#**
Apologies, there isn't much romance in the recent chapters