We went up a lot of floors till we finally made it to the one Blaze's office was on. I followed behind him and was getting stares from all the women in the office, I felt glares on back and I saw looks of confusion. I scurried behind Blaze quickly accidently running into the back of him he just turned around for a quick moment and turned back around and kept walking.

I will never understand how he dealt with all the stares, and the constant rumors about him. I could barely stand the looks from these girls. When we finally made it to his office, he opened the door and I step inside first, only to hear some gasps when he closed the door.

"How do you deal with that?" I asked Blaze voicing my question.

"Deal with what?" He countered as if he didn’t know what I was talking about. How could he not, it was something that would take forever to get use to.

"With the stares, the constant gossip, the girls falling over you every second?"

"Oh, well you just learn to ignore them. I'm not exactly a people person, but I deal." He paused for a second and then opened his mouth to speak again but the door opened and in fell a petite red head.

"Oh well, hi Mr. Colton, I just came to drop off your coffee, the Starbucks told us that you never came to get it," she giggled nervously vying for his attention. She got up and dusted off her grey pencil skirt.

"Oh, well I don’t need it. Drink it yourself or give it to someone else, I have my own personal coffee maker right here." He told her pulling me close. You could see the obvious shock overtake her face. Her eyes got big and her mouth was wide enough to fit an orange in.

"You can leave now, Susan I'll be out to make an announcement in about ten minutes." She nodded and quickly dashed out the room, probably to spread gossip about how Blaze hugged me. Once she was gone his arm lingered a little longer before he snapped out of his daze and yanked his arm away.

I gave him a small smile and sat on one of the couches in the room.

"Are you ready for this?" He said asking me if I was ready for the rollercoaster that would be this arrangement.

"Yes, I’d do anything for my little brother."

"I will not force you to marry me, I'll try to hold my mother and grandmother off till a year, and then when you say youre finally ready to plan, we'll break it off, and you can go back to your normal life." He sighed after; I nodded my head liking not feeling lonely for moment. But in a year’s time my life will go back to normal and he won’t be there. But hey, I don’t know him, he could be pure evil.

"Okay," I finally voiced and we headed out the door into the center where all his workers on this floor and not around the corner could see us.

"Hello, everyone. I would now like for you to meet my fiancé," cue the gasps, "Sage. She will be working here from time to time so I expect you to treat her with respect. You can all go back to your offices now that will be all." They all stood there staring at us for a good 5 minutes straight. I could just look in some of the girls eyes and I saw hate and disgust. I knew that Blaze was marrying beneath his class, but what would make them a better choice than me? I won’t even answer that question.

“I hope to make friends, with many of you,” I said cheery giving a small smile. Once back in Blaze’s office my rapidly beating heart slowed, and all my bunched up nerves made me have to go pee.

“Hey Blaze, where do you use the bathroom at in this place?”

“I have my own personal bathroom, but apparently the toilet decided to have some malfunctions, so just go down the hall.” He told me not bothering to look up from his paperwork he was now working on his desk.

“Do I make any turns? I wouldn’t want to just happen to fall out a window,” I said air quoting ‘fall’, even though he wasn’t looking at me, I knew he felt my sarcasm.

“Yes, just turn left it’s the only doors in that hall. And the windows don’t open on this floor, so you’re fine.” He sighed rubbing his temples.

“Okay, and when I get back you can explain what you’re doing and I can help you.” I told him while walking out the door.

I walked down the hall, feeling the stares and my heart pick up speed but, kept a blank face and walked to the bathroom. Then I heard people whisper and I continued to the bathroom.

After doing what I needed to do, I walked into the sink to wash my hands, when this girl with brown hair was putting on a fresh coat of lip gloss. I finished washing my hands and went to dry them when I seen her look me up and down and roll her eyes.

I know I should’ve said something but I didn’t, I hate being on people’s bad sides. I’m just not that girl. When I was walking back to Blaze’s office I heard a chorus of whispers saying things like ‘his mother’s here,’ or ‘do you think his mother knows about his fiancé?’

I started to shake with anxiety and nervous-ness, would his mom like me? Is his mom like him? Of course I’ve heard of the famous fashion designer Aurie Colton but never anything too personal, like her personality.

I mean I guess it wouldn’t really matter if his mom liked me or not, because this isn’t real but I still want to be liked if I’m to be in her presence more than once for a year. I wanted to make a good impression. I smoothed out the tan dress I was wearing and check my flats for any toilet paper the girl might have stashed on me in the bathroom and I cleared my throat, walking into Blaze’s office like I was confident.

The conversation they just had, ended when I came in and the scowl on Blaze’s face showed that he was not happy in the least bit. His mother looked at me by the door, but only bared me a glance.

“Oh, be a dear and get me a cup of water, I’m parched. Now chop-chop,” she clapped at me. I was shocked, should I go get it or not?

“Mother she’s not a secretary or anyone who will be getting your water.” Blaze said expressionless, but you could clearly tell in his voice that he was annoyed.

“Who is she then?” She asked filing her nails.

“This is my fiancé, Sage.” She put on a fake smile than when she saw my appearance she grimaced.

“Oh no honey this won’t do. You have a horrible sense of style!” She told me, and it did offend me, I mean I know I wasn’t the best dresser but, I did what I could with limited amounts of money. “No offence” she added to try to sweeten the blow.

I just smiled politely and looked at Blaze, he was carefully watching for my expression. He sighed again and told his mom that we would be seeing her later.

“Okay honey! Make sure you get her some new clothes. She can’t possibly meet the family like that.” She told him looking at my outfit with disgust. “Bye sweetie I love you. And welcome to the family Sage, once you get new clothes, you’ll fit in perfectly!” She squealed clicking in her expensive shoes out of the room.

All I could do was look at Blaze; he was literally nothing like his mom at all. She was loud and peppy, and kind of mean, when Blaze was quiet, kept to himself, and I guess mean in some ways.

“I’m sorry. My mother is very obnoxious and annoying but I live with it. Don’t worry I don’t think you’ll be seeing her or my father often, they are usually traveling.”

“Oh, so they decided to travel once you were of age?”

“No, they barely raised me, my grams did.”

“Why do you call your parents Mother and Father and not Mom and Dad? And what do you mean they didn’t raise you?”

“I’d rather not get into it.” He said turning away to not look at me.

“Blaze,” I said in a soft voice willing him to tell me.

“I said stay out of it, Sage!” He yelled at me. I mean sure I was happy to get some sort of emotion out of him, but anger twice in one day, was something I didn’t want.

I don't know what the plan is but you can share
With me
Cause I'll be listening ear
To everything you say I won't turn away
Artist: Foster the People

Song:I Would Do Anything For You