"Later." She smirks at me and my mouth opens slightly. I have to pull my stool under the table to cover what she's doing to me.

"I can't beileve he just did that!" Hailey's frustrated voice arrives and she harshly places her bag on the counter.

"What happened?" Katherine's voice laces with worry. She already has her glove on, as if nothing happened before they got here. As if I wasn't about to bend her over the counter.

"Nothing. Hailey's just being a drama queen." Luke answers, sliding into the stool beside me. Hailey sends him a glare before turning back to her cousin.

"It's Damon." Hailey says and Katherine nods. "I like him, but he's such a dick. We walk into the elevator and Luke was behind me so I was just next to the buttons. And Damon goes like: 'Are you even gonna push them buttons, Pailey?'" She mocks his low voice. "He knows how much I hate being called that. And he constantly tries to get on my nerves."

"Hailey, he was just joking." Luke tries to assure her but she just shakes her head.

"Yeah, he's a dick." Katherine says and licks the chocolate off her finger. She meets my eye for a second and I slowly drag my hands across the side of the stool.

"But wait, why Pailey?" She releases a short laugh and turns back to the stove.

"That was my nickname for a while when I tried to make cookies and practically drowned myself in flour." Hailey mutters and I chuckle.

"You just gotta relax, Hailey." Katherine tells her and grabs the bottom of her shirt. My eyes gloom at her. I swear to God, if she tries anything.

"Fuck, it's hot in this kitchen." She huffs and raises the shirt and starts airing out. My hand moves to my legs and I grip the material ofmy shorts as she glances my way, the clear hint of satisfaction in her eyes. I don't know what has gotten into her, but I don't mind at all, and I sure as hell wanna find out.

Luke stands up and opens the window before going back to his seat.

"You're just making a big deal, babe." Luke places his hand on her shoulder. "Kat's not complaining."

"Yeah." Katherine shrugs, taking a tray full of brown, chocolate cookies outof the oven. "He slapped my ass the other day."

"What?" Hailey says.

"Huh?" I sit up in my stool and she looks at the two of us as if she is considering if she should've said that.

"Now he's a dick." Luke says and his girlfriend smacks his head.

"Yeah."  Katherine says hesitantly. "He's still trying to get me, I guess."

"Man, I didn't think he'd continue." Luke shakes his head. Katherine just nods her head, turning back to her treats. I try to take my mind off that idiot and when I catch myself fuming I look away, focusing on the view behind the balcony doors.

The apartment door opens and in come Jessica, Carter, Mel, Dylan and Sarah. And ufortunately, Ellie. Her damn appearance makes me annoyed. I don't regret a lot of my hookups, but that one I definitely do. Especially the consequences, which weren't too pretty.

We all huddle around the table, enjoying Katherine's crazy amazing breakfast. The praises that she gets are more creative every day and everyone seems so surprised at how great she can bake and cook. I only watch as she shyly takes them in, her smile wide from ear to ear.