22 The trip - Red

My day in Miami is definitely incredible so far. I love beaches and it brought me so much happiness when I first saw the sand.

I was able to try jet skiing, even on my own! I walked down the beach, commenting the bodies of women and men with my friends. I was worried they wouldn't have fun but it seems like they would rather stay then go back to our hotel. I also managed to get a number of the guy that works at the ice cream stand, although later I found out he gives it to every girl he sees. But I didn't care, as long as I was enjoying and being carefree.

But there was this one thing that was constantly bothering me and I was pissed off at myself because it clouded my mind. Wes didn't say a single word to me after jet skiing. I didn't try to start a conversation with him, I admit, but he didn't make a single remark or a comment at anything stupid I said. He was joking around with the guys but never spared a glance in my way. On one side, I'm glad, because all he does is push my buttons. But on the other side I'm mad, because he has no right to ignore me. He remained closed off the entire way back to the hotel and I was fuming by the time I reached my room.

"I'm going to take a shower now." I announce to Carter and Sarah once they're both done with their showers.

"Okay. Remember to be ready at nine." Carter tells me and I nod, my mind travelling to what my makeup will look like for tonight.

The cold water hits my back and I close my eyes and move to wet my hair. It crashes down on me, calming every fiber in my body. Some people like reading books or working out in order to relax. I like taking long ass showers whenever I have the chance to.

I step out and pull my hair in a towel. After a minute I decide to let it down so it can air dry. I get these long waves when it dries that way. In the meantime, I do my makeup. I apply the slightest bit of foundation on my skin because I do need it. My left cheek has little blotches that I hate and I always cover them up. Using a soft brush I apply some shimmer to give it a glow. I fill in my eyebrows and place some mascara on. To top it off, I grab a red lipstick and cover my lips with it, making them look sexier. I know it will eventually wear off, but red lipstick is my ride or die.

My red dress is waiting for me on my bed and I take it before walking back into the bathroom so I can change in peace. I look in the mirror to see the finale and grin when I become satisfied. My hair is still wet but it will surely dry by the time we reach the club.

When I walk out it's about eight fifty and Sarah whistles as I walk out.

"I wish you would've worn heels. This outfit is your best one yet." Sarah frowns, staring at my white sneakers.

"I hated it last time." I tell her and she chuckles.

"It takes some time to get used to them." She says just as she grabs her own heels. They are covered in blue and white and I smile when I see her wearing a flowy white dress. She looks younger until she stands up in her heels, now being my height.

"You look fabulous." I comment and she waves me off shyly.

"You ready girls?" Carter opens the front door and he looks Sarah up and down, giving her a proud smirk. She just rolls her eyes before walking out.

Once we're in the hallway I see my cousin who immediately looks down at my feet.

"No! No, no, no!" She runs over to me, well, as much as she can run in her heels.

"We are not leaving until Kat puts on some heels." She places her hands on her hips and I roll my eyes. I look behind her to see that Jessica isn't in heels either and I tilt my head.

"I don't want to. Jess isn't wearing them." I tell her but she shakes her head.

"Go on and put my black heels on." Hailey practically orders me and I let my jaw fall before bringing it back in place.