🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

First ring...

Second ring...

Third ring...

"Hello?" He spoke.

It's good to hear his voice again.

"Hey Eddie, I'm sorry for calling you this early. Did I wake you?"

"No, no, not at all. Are you okay from last night by the way?"

"Sort of... I'm not sure. You?"

"Not really but I managed to get some sleep."

"That's good. Anyways, I'm calling because I think I lost the business card of the detective from last night. Could you send me the number and his name please?"  

"Okay sure, I'll send it to you. By the way, I found Heather last night and we went home together last night so she's fine. Did you get her text?" 

"Yeah, and thank you. Look, I gotta go and maybe I'll get some more rest. You need some more rest too." 

"Okay, call me if you need anything." 

"Yeah, thanks. Bye Eddie."

"Bye Ro."

I ended the call and put my phone down.

I let out a yawn and I decided to get more sleep as well. I'm too tired and lazy to change so I drop my blazer before I lay down.

I look up at the ceiling and I started drifting off.

How long has it been? I open my eyes and I quickly grab my phone and check the time.

It's almost 1 in the afternoon.

My stomach started to growl all of the sudden. I haven't eaten anything.

But I don't want to get out of my room.

Steven is still out there. Or is he still inside the house or his room? Or is he outside?

I could just not eat until Mom and Mr. Anderson and Toby are home.

I decided to check if I have some little food inside my backpack.

Getting myself out of the bed, I grab my backpack from my study table.

I started looking for food in each pocket and I heard a sound of something like plastic, like a food wrapper.

Please let it be food, please let it be food.

Closing my eyes, I pull it out and I open my eyes again. It's a granola bar and it's not opened yet.

Finally, I can eat something.

I remove the granola bar from the wrapper and I started eating it.

All of the sudden, I started to hear something coming from my door. I turn around and there's nothing.