♥ nine ♥

Ceila

I waved goodbye to my boss, seeing as my shift ended. I opened the door and look up. I wonder if anyone noticed how pretty the sky was today, how the blue was bright and soft all at once. I wonder if they saw the serenity of the clouds that sailed by, gently passing on toward anyplace the wind wishes them to reach. For when I tune in to these subtle and many pleasures, these everyday wonders, nature gives to me a quiet joy... and in that moment I am as happy as any queen or king has ever been. Today feels like it's gonna be a great day. Harry and I patched things up, and can't wait to be with him again.

I decided to walk to Harry's place instead of driving, wanting to take this beautiful sunny day in. I watched my feet take steps across concrete ground. It didn't take long to get there, with your mind blank, time seems to go by quickly.

Pressing the elevator, it opened immediately, letting me enter. I think about our memory in this elevator. The way his hands touched my skin, the way his lips found its way to my neck like a magnet, and the way he looked at me so intensely. The gaze making me want to give myself to him.

But I couldn't give myself to him like that again. We started what ever this was, way too fast.

I exited the metal doors, finding Harry's door at the end of the hall. I rose my hand and knocked on his door a couple times. A few seconds go by and I hear him on the other side of door moving a couple things around.

He unlocked the bolt on the door and whips the door opened. He smiles brightly at me, his dimples showing significantly. This is gonna be harder to control myself than I thought.

"Ceila." He breathes out, running his hand through his curls.

He moves out of the door frame, gesturing me to enter with his hands.

"Harry." I reply the same way, with a small smile.

He locks the door behind us and puts his hand on my lower back, leading me out of the hallway towards the living room. There was a movie on its loading screen of '50 First Dates' on the flat screen, my favorite movie. The bouquet he tried to give during my shift was in a vase on the table, it was so beautiful.

"I wanted to treat you. Like you deserve." He mentions, grabbing a bottle of wine from its rack and chocolate covered strawberries from the fridge.

My heart instantly swoons from his gesture.

"Harry, you know I can't drink yet. I'm only 19." I remind him.

He chuckles, pouring the red liquid in one of the two glasses on the table. He grabs the other glass and pours, "It's not like any one will know, Ceila. Come on, I swear you're the only girl your age who will turn down a drink."

I purse my lips and hum as a response, grabbing the glass from him.

He sits on the couch and I follow. I kick off my shoes and pull my legs with me. Harry grabs a blanket, swings it around me, and puts his arm behind me. He kisses my head before pressing play on the movie. The opening credit music plays and I look at him lovingly. He returns my look and turns back to the screen.

•••

After 3 glasses of red wine, finishing the movie and strawberries, I started to fall asleep. My head was resting on his chest, he too was sleeping. His features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased his brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of others his age. He looked peaceful.

Then his phone suddenly rung, I pretend to go back to sleep. He groaned and carefully removed himself from under me. By the time he got over to the phone, the call was missed. I squinted my eyes open to see that he ignored it and put his phone in his pocket. I closed my eyes once he started walking back to me. He picked me up wedding style, grabbing the blanket, and tossing it over his shoulder. I grabbed the back of his neck for support.

"I knew you weren't sleeping." He laughs.

I smiled to myself and he continued to carry me to the bedroom. He slowly placed me on the duvet and he set down the blanket over me. He kisses my forehead, "Goodnight my love."

He clicks off the lamp, leaving the room dark, only the night sky from the window was glowing the room. The bed dips and creaks, and his warm skin touches mine, instantly warming me. He joins me under the convers and spoons me. His chests rising and falling against my back, our breaths in unison, and the silence calms us into deep sleep.

And I realized in this moment, I was truly happy.

•••
A/N: please vote and comment opinions!