Chapter 5: An Old (Technically Young) Friend

"Son of a bitch!!" Marik screamed as he limped out of his now destroyed car.

"Marik!" Bakura cried as he ran out to him. The police had already shown up at the scene. The man who hit him must've broken the speed limit for authorities to be here already. As the albino helped him to his feet, Aedrian (See Chapters 3 and 4 for details) walked over to the car and glanced at the driver. He widens his eyes. He knew this man. He's a good man. Or was, if he died in the collision.

He tried to get the man's attention. An officer shouted, "Kid! Step away from the crime scene at once!"

As he turned, a scent caught his attention. He checked to see if the officer was looking before turning back to the scene. He opened the car door and shifted things around to find the source of the scent he caught. Unfortunately, the same officer caught him.

"Hey! You're messing with a crime scene! Step away from there at once!"

Aedrian found what he was searching for. An orange container full of marijuana. "I found something you need to look into!" he called back to him. When the man approached the destroyed vehicle, the crimson-eyed teen handed it over to him.

"Well, I'm going to bet he was on drugs or he was drugged. Either way," he glanced back at the man. "He was a dead man."

The policeman began inspecting the container, saying, "Check the car for anymore passengers. Dead or alive, I want to know who else was in there."

He nodded and turned back to the broken machine as the man walked away to talk to the injured blonde. He shuffled things around in search of any survivors. He heard someone, perhaps a young girl, softly call his name. "Aedrian? Is that you?"

The teen quickly looked at the backseat and moved some of the crushed materials out of the way. On the floor of the car, there sat a little girl who appeared to be no older than twelve. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. She seemed a little dazed. Someone must have given her the same drug the dead driver was on.

"Isabelle?? What are you doing here?" Aedrian whispered to her quickly.

"I don't have time to explain. Just don't tell them too much about me." she responded. Nodding, he called back to the officer, "I found someone! Come on out, little one."

She crawled out of the car and fell, looking quite dazed as Aedrian picked her up off the ground. Turning around to the three behind, he noticed Marik reach into his pocket and pull out his wallet. When he opened it, he discovered that his license and his credit card were missing. "I swear I had them on me, officer. I know I did."

Aedrian decided to pull a stunt and put on an act. "Marik, I have your credit card. You left it in the mall last week. Be thankful no one took it."

Marik, Bakura, and the officer looked at him. The albino was cofused, the policeman stared at him indifferently, but Marik glared daggers at Aedrian. The teen walked to them and returned the card he had secretly stolen back to it's owner. Attempting to keep his tone at level, he said, "Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know where my license is, would you?"

Aedrain appeared to think about it for a moment before he had an idea. "Oh, I have that, too. I found it this afternoon during our little game." He gently gazed into Isabelle's warm blue eyes and asked, "Darling, could you get it from my pocket for me?"

The blonde girl nodded and reached down from his arms. She produced the missing license from his jacket pocket and stuck it out to the tan-skinned teen. As he accepted it, laughing crimson met furious violet before he looked away and handed it to the police officer in front of him.

Bakura glanced back at the car and inquired, "So, who's the driver?" Another officer had overheard he question and said, "I'll check him out and see if I could get some ID on this guy." before walking away to complete the assignment.