Chapter 11: Valencia

Seto watched the young woman, searching for her obvious strengths and weaknesses. She was most likely doing the same to him. The male thought it would be best to toy with her for a few minutes to get an idea of her fighting style and how to use against her.

A mischievous gleam shown in her eyes before she lunges for the brunette. Seto narrowly avoids getting cut. He was sorely tempted to kill her immediately, but something in his head told him that she was the only thing connected to Yami's current location. Without her, there's no way he would find him, let alone know whether he's dead or alive.

In his momentary distraction, the mystery maiden had turned around and dug the blade into his back. Sure, it hurt like a bitch, but Seto really didn't give a damn as he put a bullet into her leg.

"Bastard!" she swore, letting go of her weapon and falling to one knee. The male gingerly pulled it out and tossed it aside out of her reach.

Putting the muzzle of his gun to the middle of her forehead, he demands coolly, "Who are you? I won't ask again." The mystery maiden remained silent long enough to decide whether or not to call his bluff. That thought didn't last long when she heard him remove the safety.

"You have ten whole seconds to start talking." Seto warned, his patience running out. The young woman chuckled, "Are you always so hotheaded?"

"Only when someone gets on my badside. Five seonds." She sighed, knowing that it would be no fun if she was dead.

"Isabelle knows who I am. Find her and you'll find me." Then she swung around and disarmed him of the gun. "That is, if you make it out of this fight alive!" Seto growled at her, taking his blade again and throwing at her. She ducked and rolled to her left to avoid it.

"Wow, you need to work on your aim, Seto Kaiba." she taunted, pulling out the blade that was embedded in the wall and waving it at him. What she didn't expect, though, was another knife thrown at her head. She yelped before narrowly dodging it, her eyes wide with shock. *Looks like playtime's over.* the brunette decided quickly, scrambling to her feet and towards the window.

"You're not going anywhere!" Seto shouted, pulling her back towards him with a look filled with bloodlust. But with one look into her hazel eyes, he knew exactly who she was. "What...?"

That one moment of hesitation allowed her to swing her left foot at his face. The pain that shot through him temporarily blinded him as she made her escape. All he heard was her laughing as her minions drove away into the night.

"Damn it!" he swore, picking up his blades and his gun. He glanced putside the window again to see which way she had gone, but she had already vanished. Seto had realized who that woman was and that was a threat in and of itself.

"Isabelle knows who I am. Find her and you'll find me." the female's words echoed in his mind. Problem was no one had seen the blonde child since Marik's car accident. She had mysteriously disappeared moments after they he had a word with Yami. Obviously this woman was someone Yami didn't want to associate with again.

"I know why don't want anything to do with that whore." the brunette sighed in the otherwise empty room. He couldn't help but look at a picture of Yami on the nightstand. Picking it up, he whispered, "But why don't you?"

"So, apparently your little boyfriend connected the dots." the woman said airily in her agitation.

Yami laughed at this. "Of course he would. No one's perfect, Valencia."

"Oh? I'm not trying to be perfect." the brunette chuckled. "I just wanted the act to last a little longer."

"It's a shame, I know." Yami sighed, trying subtly to get free of his bonds. Valencia laughed at his futile attempts. "It's no use, love. You're not leaving until I say so."

"Really? And if I somehow manage to?" he asked curiously. "Then I would do this." Valencia said cryptically before the male suddenly found himself on the ground with his head throbbing. He only lasted for a moment longer before everything within sight was engulfed in darkness.

Seto ran down the stairs and out to his car. He was going to call Mokuba and tell him not to go outside, but it turned out that the raven-haired child was lying in the backseat.

"Hey, Seto." he yawned, uncrossing his legs and sitting up to properly see his elder sibling. "Isabelle wanted me to tell you where she is. She's waiting for us there."

~A/N: I know, I know! .; The chapter was way too short, but since this chapter was sort of last-second because of the plot setup…

In any case, preview for the next chapter!

Next ChapterMemories of the Past

"You work for me and your family remains untouched. Refuse and I'll kill them off one by one."

Please Review! X3