Chapter 12: Memories of the Past

Isabelle waited patiently as she began wondering about her past. Has it really been three years since the attempt on her life? She could hardly believe it herself what with everything going on recently. Soon, Mokuba would have returned with the elder sibling. In the meantime, she could only ponder on what this reality would have been... if she hadn't made the right choice.

****************************************************************************************************

She was brought before by her captors and shoved harshly to the ground. It was a little hard to believe that a ten-year-old girl was such a problem!

"Here she is, Miss Suarez. This brat is smarter than she looks." said one of the men. The brunette looked at her with predatory eyes and replied airily, "Thank you, Sumaro. You and Ghetsute can go now." They departed without another word.

Isabelle stared nervously at the woman before her. Hazel clashed with blue, both girls got to their feet, and waited for the other to move first. "So," Valencia began. "You must be the child prodigy Isabelle I have been hearing about, yes?" The blonde child nodded slowly, carefully choosing her words. "Yes, ma'am." 

As Valencia came closer, Isabelle realized how pale she looked and how cold her eyes were, their glare cutting straight through her and chilling her bones, her dark brown hair glowing beautifully in the dim light. "This is the first time we have ever met face-to-face, isn't it?" Valencia sighed, a grin on her face. She blinked slowly, "But I suppose you know exactly who I am?"

"Yes, I would, Valencia Suarez." Isabelle concurred. "I never knew that you spent so long in the shadows, judging by the tone of your skin." She expected to be slapped and accused of insolence, but Valencia merely lifted her hand to see how pale she really was.

"True. I have spent so long here for one reason." the brunette sighed. Turning her back on her, she said, "You know, I thought that you would be much older, Isabelle. Now, I see that this just make you much more important. Only ten years old and you managed to find enough evidence to convict a mass murderer." 

Isabelle thought about how calm the both of them were. She thought she would be much more afraid. After all, Valencia killed those with blue, red, or violet eyes, which was strange. But, no matter the case, she was on that list because of her brilliant blue eyes.

On the other hand, Valencia, the serial killer that Isabelle had the evidence to have convicted and possibly imprisoned, seemed to be too relaxed. Was this nothing but a game to her?

“But that is of no importance to me now.” Valencia sighed. She opened her hazel eyes and a smirk formed on her features. 

“I want to make you a deal.”

These words completely threw Isabelle off. What could she possibly want with her?!

“You work for me and your family remains untouched. Refuse and I’ll kill them off one by one.” The blonde child reeled in pure shock for only a moment before narrowing her sharp blue eyes. *This bitch…* she mentally growls. 

“It’s your choice, Isabelle Blue. Your loyalty for their lives. Pick your poison.” Valencia laughs cruelly.

Isabelle wanted nothing to do with this woman in any way whatsoever. But the entire family's life hangs in the balance. She would be completely devastated if they all died, but wouldn't they suffer more if she chose Valencia's side?

"No..." Valencia's bewildered hazel eyes snapped to her blue. "What did you say?"

Isabelle raised her head in defiance. "I'd rather die than serve a wretch like you!"

Valencia was positively furious with the blonde child. The brunette only watched as she stood to her feet. "If we are finished here, then I will take my leave, Valencia Suarez." Turning on her heel, Isabelle made her way to the door when the woman's voice rang throughout the hall.

"No one refuses to stand beside me and walks out alive! Kill her!"

Isabelle practically bolted for the door. Bullets whizzed past her head, but she fell when something struck her leg. Looking behind her, she saw some dart sticking out. When she pulled it, she began feeling dizzy. "No..." she whispered as her vision began to fade. The remainder of her consciousness was filled with the cruel laughter of, quite possibly, her killer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she wakes, Isabelle finds herself feeling horrible. She figures that she had been drugged and they were going to take her to some makeshift execution site. Opening her eyes, however, made her realize that she wasn’t alone.

“Isabelle? Sweetie, are you awake?” It was her father driving. She noticed that his hands were tied to the steering wheel. So, she and her father were going to die in some random car accident. That’s just wonderful. 

"Yes, I am, father." she sighed, flexing her fingers to get some feeling into them. *Damn it, my hands are bound!* she thought.

"I'm glad... that you didn't leave us for Valencia, Isabelle." her father said, tears coming to his brown eyes.

“How would I live with myself if I had?” Isabelle began to choke. Her throat was burning.

“Someone showed up at the house and kidnapped your mother.” he said. His fingertips were beginning to turn blue. “Jake fought for her, but they shot him. He’s in the hospital now.”

Isabelle was horrified by the news. Regardless, she calmly inquired, “What about Violet and Leslie?” Her father shook his head, “They ran down to the basement when I was dragged out of the house. I don’t know if they’re even alive.”

She knew that all of her siblings were more than capable of protecting the household on more than one occasion. She didn’t count them out just yet. “Well, it doesn’t matter.” he sighed, glancing back at her. “She asked if you knew someone named Yami. Do you?”

Stunned by this, she confessed, “Of course I do. Why?”

“That woman wanted you to tell him that this was just the beginning.”

She never did get to ask him what it meant. The moment the car had crashed, time seemed to have slowed down for her. Every part of her was sore when she came to. And the first person she saw was none other than Yami Sennen himself.

****************************************************************************************************

Isabelle glanced out of the window once more to see a black car pull up on the side of the road and a rather furious Seto Kaiba walking out. She sees Mokuba hop out and follow the elder brother.

She smiled and walked outside. She couldn’t help herself, laughing, “It’s about time you two showed up.”

______________________________________________________________________

~A/N: Sorry this took me so long. In any case, thanks for sticking with me thus far even if this gets really bizarre. So, Please Review! X3

Next Chapter: Unscheduled Appointments

They heard screams coming from the back room. As the trio opened the door, a well-built 6-foot man’s body dripping with blood was hurled against the wall with a sickening thud. They walked inside to see Valencia staggering to her feet, her head bleeding, while Yami was sitting on the floor with a smile on his face.