Chapter 10: Insanity Personality?

Hey everyone! Welcome to the tenth chapter of my story! This means all of my stories have reached either half or a third way through! My accomplishments show! X3 In any case, I need ideas for an upcoming Truth or Dare story. This means a free-for-all war! X3 Any personal questions or embarrassing dares can be sent to me via PM or review! Enjoy this story!

Riley kept the blade steady at his throat as a dull look set itself in his unusually dark, pained crimson eyes. Seto held his breath as he attempted to think of a way to disarm him. Reacting quickly as Riley's wrist twitched, the brunette lunged at him and pushed him to the floor causing him to drop the knife and sat on his legs.

"Snap out of it, Yami! I know you're still in there somewhere!" he pleaded desperately.

Riley just laughed at his futile attempts. "Yami's gone, Seto. He's not coming back. What are you doing??"

Seto began frisking Riley in case he was still armed since he doesn't seem to listen to reason. In the process, he found a few more knives, a lighter, a couple of guns, and a bomb or two. "What the hell is all of this?!"

"It's not bad unless you find the gasoline." Riley shrugged nonchantly. He was dangerously calm for someone who was going to attempt suicide.

"What the hell are you trying to pull?!" Seto demanded.

Riley sighed and began to confess, "After a certain... incident, Yami closed himself off for a while. This was after his parent's were brutally murdered by his ex-girlfriend. The heartless wretch."

"What about his ex-girlfriend?" Seto dared to ask.

"He was only, what, 12? 13? Anyway, Yami had brought her over one evening. Since they were lovers, they were sleeping together. Natural thing for love, no?" Riley sighed before continuing, "Valencia, his ex, had gotten up sometime during the night and, without waking her boyfriend, walked away. Next thing he knows, he wakes to a shrill screech from his parents' bedroom."

Seto tried to picture all of this and see how this all connected to the person in front of him. "What happened, dare I ask?"

"Oh, when he walked in, his parents were in pieces. Literally." The thought made him shiver. "Blood was everywhere, a knife had been shoved hilt-deep into the floor, the windows were shattered with the freezing rain pouring in. Valencia had killed them that night, reasons unknown. So, since that night that she had left, he was feeling... Hell, I don't even know what he was feeling at the time. It drove him insane to know she could have killed him in his sleep, yet she didn't. Why? I haven't the slightest idea." he shrugged nonchalantly.

"What happened to her?"

"It seemed as though she made her exit from the only window that wasn't broken." Riley answered. He spoke the truth. {considering the fact he wasn't made for the honest guy, he's quite the singer right now, isn't he?}

"After that, I was his suicidal side, you see. He thought he had no purpose in life after Valencia." Riley concluded, waiting until Seto said what he needed to.

*Valencia... Valencia... Where have I heard that name before?* he wondered as Riley quietly chuckled, "However, it would seem that he has a reason to stay alive. I don't think I'm really needed anymore, do you?"

Seto decided to let him up, keeping himself on guard in case he tries anything. "Oh, don't worry, I won't try anything unless I deem it necessary, 'kay?"

"That's hard to believe." Seto scoffed.

"And I lied." Riley happens to mention. "Yami's still here. I was just testing you. I should let him come back to you."