a sick little Mexican •ch 6•

Grace was sitting down on a chair when Arthur rode into camp and groaned. She stood up and set her beer down on the table and slipped over to him

"What's the matter...?" She glanced over and saw Hosea enter camp shortly after and go over to hitch Silver Dollar.

Arthur dismounted his new horse and tied the reins onto the hitching post. He turned around and wiped some blood off his shoulder

"Arthur...?" Worry took over Grace's voice and Arthur lifted his head

"Me and Hosea went off hunting, found a giant bear, and nearly got killed. I feel like I wanna sleep for a year" he replied at least

Grace forced her worry to the back of her head and she placed a hand on his shoulder "then get your ass to bed, you're overworking yourself for the gang yet again, I'll take over whatever duties you have today, alright?"

"I had to chop firewood, but what about your shoulder? You sure you're cut out for that work..?" He lifted a hand to wipe some dirt off his nose and then gave a sniff

Grace gave a chuckle "my shoulder is fine by now, besides if I dont work I'll end up as lazy as uncle!"

"Hey i heard that! And for the last time it's not laziness it's the lumbango!" Called uncle from a distance

Grace and Arthur both burst out laughing and grace lowered her hand. Arthur gave her a quick pat on the back and gave a tired smile "well, thanks Grace, I owe ya'

Grace shook her head "you don't owe me anything, we're a family and families stick out for one another"

Arthur walked off to his tent and Grace went over to chop of firewood.

It was a bit of a struggle but she managed to break the logs.

When she was on her last one Kieran stumbled up and tipped his head "h-hey miss... you need any help..?"

Grace glanced up and smiled "I'm good, but thanks for offering"

Kieran watched her break the last log and then he blinked "you surely h-heal fast, not l-like me though"

Grace set down the axe and wiped her forehead "I don't think we've formally met yet... have we?"

Kieran paused a moment and then perked up "n-no we haven't m-miss"

Grace held out a hand "well then I'm Grace, Grace Weston" she gave a warm smile and saw Kieran give a small smile in return as he took her hand and shook it

"W-well miss Weston, I-im Kieran Duffy"

Grace gave a giggle "you can call me Grace ya know, I ain't gonna hurt you"

Kieran brightened up and gave a sigh "well that's a relief, i-it feels like y'all are gonna kill me in my sleep!"

Grace snorted "I wont let em' touch a hair on your head anymore"

Kieran's smile grew and he took a few steps back "w-well I gotta get back to checking on Branwen... I'll see y-you later Grace!"

Grace gave a wave "see ya around!"

She placed her hands in her pockets and headed over to Javier's tent, grateful that Charles had already woken up and was busy on guard duty.

"Hey, sleepy head, its nearly noon" she said softly as she gave him a nudge after crouching down to his side

Javier gave a grown and opened an eye "hm...?"

"Dude you've slept nearly half the day away"

Javier gave a jerk up and sat up, rubbing his eyes and giving a yawn "well shit, why did I sleep in so much anyways..?"

Grace rolled her eyes "you got drunk as fuck and I had to carry you to your tent before you threw yourself off the cliff"

Javier snapped to reality and then placed a hand on his forehead "shit I dont feel so good"

Grace placed a hand on his back "no shit, ill go get you a bucke-"

Javier suddenly threw up and Grace just close she eyes and groaned "I'll get you a change of clothes, new sleeping bag, and something to clean it up as well..."

Javier wiped some vomit onto his sleeve and tried to stand up but Grace quickly shoved him back down before giving him a quick kiss on the forehead

"But I wanted to help..." he groaned

Grace chucked "if you help you'll make a bigger mess, just lay down for now and I'll be back in a bit"

...

Lenny stood by the tent holding a bucket of water while Grace finished up cleaning the last bits of Javier's vomit

"I thought someone killed something it smelt so bad" remarked Lenny as Grace dropped the dirty rag into an empty bucket before picking it up

"Hmph, good thing I ran into you while getting these buckets, it's good to have some company that's not gagging and groaning every few seconds, besides you were a great help"

Lenny scratched the back of his neck after setting his bucket down

"Thanks Grace, I guessed that something happened so I thought that I might as well do something today other than read"

Grace smiled "thanks kid"

Lenny gave a sniff and smiled back "no problem... but before you go back to him, can I ask you a question..?"

Grace glanced up and shrugged "sure, ask away"

Lenny glanced around and then blinked "is there something going on between you and Javier... you two seem really close now.."

Grace flinched and then slowly nodded "yep, week ago me and him got into a relationship, you know, boyfriend girlfriend kind of one... at first we thought we were just great friends but it turns out both of us had feelings for each other since we met basically"

Lenny chuckled "knew it, I've seen you two kissing by the lookout fire thinking no one was lookin'... you want me to keep this relationship a secret or anything..?"

Grace grew hot and felt herself blushed and then she sighed and shook her head "nah, go ahead and tell Sean, and then after that the news will spread like a wildfire cause you know how he loves to spread news around camp"

"So... you don't mind...?" He asked, just to be sure

Grace nodded "yep, they'd all find out eventually anyways"

Lenny smiled and then nodded "well alright then, I'll see you around Grace!"

Grace gave a wave and then turned back to Javier's puke soaked rag in the bucket "and now time to burn this"

A/N
So I've started my 6th playthrough and I finally learned how to take decent pictures so I made a random Instagram account to post that stuff and all, it you guys wanna see it the account is named @_red.dead.screenshots uwu