22 | T H E R A P Y

Start from the beginning

_________________

By the time I got to the actual office, the rain was officially coming down, so my hoodie was partially soaked in ran. Even the umbrella I had didn't help.

A younger girl was sitting at the front desk who could've at least been peaking twenty. Her hair was a blue-black shade and her lips were painted in a dark brown lipstick that matched the top she had on. "Hi, I'm here for an appointment with Dr. Williams?" I told her and she instantly looked up at me with a smile.

"Hi! Sure, first name?" She asked, quickly typing something on her computer before focusing her attention back on me.

"Solana."

Nodding, she hummed to herself and cleared her throat. "Solana Farris. Got it, if you follow me, I can take you to meet with her. Can I get you anything beforehand? A drink or anything?" She stood up and put her hands behind her back, that's when I took in her appearance and smiled. She had a small pregnancy bump pushing its way through the top she had on. She must've noticed that I was looking at it because she returned the same smile that I had on my face. "She's definitely a little gymnast in there. All she does is twist and turn her way around until she gets what she wants— me eating something that I shouldn't." She chuckled and started walking down the hall.

"How far along are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Pushing twenty-six weeks." She smiled. "Truthfully, I'm ready for her to come out so that she can give my bladder a break. She's tiring me out already, and rushing to pee every few minutes is a pain in the ass; but that's my little girl in there... here's Dr. Williams office." We stopped in front of the door and she rubbed her hands on her pants. "Just to let you know, she's probably one of the best at what she does."

"From experience?"

"Mhmm." She nodded before whispering, "I was her patient for a while, but definitely knows what she's doing. She might make you question a lot of things at first, but it'll be worth it in the end." She knocked on the door lightly, and a soft voice answered from behind it. "She's in; have a nice day, Ms. Farris."

"Likewise." I smiled before walking into the large light brown room and looked around, finally seeing the woman who was supposed to help me. She was about my height, but looked like she could've been in her early fifties. Her hair was short and a gorgeous silver-white shade, and her glasses were placed around her neck before she looked up and smiled.

"Ms. Farris." She stood up and walked towards me. "I'm Dr. Williams, it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you also

"It's nice to meet you also." I smiled and shook her hand before sitting on the couch as she came closer to sit in one of the chairs. "I just wanna let you know right away, that I'm not really comfortable with doing this. I know Isis picked you but I don't really—" I rambled before she cut me off.