71. My little (not so) badass||Fluff

En başından başla

Now it’s just Newt and I.
I turn my head to meet his gaze.
“Hey, babe. How’s it going?” I say to him and awkwardly smile as he sits on the edge of the bed.

“Everything’s fine, why are you in bed it’s like the middle of the day?” He asks me and looks down with that concerned loving gaze that I’m so familiar to.

I pull the covers up a little higher to my chin and respond quickly, “No reason. Just tired. Very very tired. Haha. You should go walk with Thomas you know?”

His face of concern just turns into confusion.

“Are you trying to make me leave or something? And why are you hiding under those sheets, it’s a million degrees in here!” Newt says curiously and reaches to pull the sheets back but I push his hand away.

I’m not used to hiding things from him, we’re always honest with one another. Even with the “classified” glade business, Newt couldn’t keep me in the dark.

“Y/N, stop it. What are you hiding? We don’t keep things from each other. Move the sheets.”

“Newt I-”  I stop talking one he pulls them off me. I feel the cool air hit my bruises as he softly gasps and moves closer to me.

“Y/N. What in the world happened? ”

“Nothing. I’m okay.”

He shakes his head and retorts, “Really? Your arm is in a self-made sling and you have bruises down your leg. Did somebody hurt you? Cause if they did I’ll go down and kill the bloody idiot myself!”

I reach and wrap my fingers around his wrist to keep him on my bed.

“Listen, it’s a long story.”

“Well, does it look like I have plans? I just want an explanation for all these injuries.” He says softly and helps me sit up, leaning against the cool concrete wall behind us.

I let out a exasperated sigh and pick up his hand in my own.

“Last week, you said how much you like tough, badass girls. I wanted to try and be badass like them so I went to train all week long. In the end, it got me a dislocated shoulder and bruises from falling down on my side.” I explain in detail with sheer embarrassment.

I end up looking down, not meeting eyes because I don’t want him to think of how weak I am when he looks at me. Newt brings two fingers under my chin and lifts my head so I’m looking at him.

“Y/N…What were you thinking? You really hurt yourself and all for nothing.”

“What?”

“I don’t care if you’re not a tough badass girl. Which by the way, I think you are in your own ways.” He tells me and we both lay down on the bed, one of his hands resting on my stomach and gripping on my waist.

“I’m not badass. You’re a tough, guy. You probably want a girl with the similar characteristic.” I say softly and drape my normal arm around his neck, bringing him in closer. Newt moves his one hand that was on my waist to my face and holds my jawline to keep me looking at him.

“Listen, before you came up in that box it was all hopeless. When I saw you laying there it was like I was getting some kind of second change for some goodness in my life. I fell in love with you, Y/N. You were my sweet redemption, a kind and gentle soul. A loving person I could confide in. You fixed people for your job, just like you fixed me. I didn’t fall in love with a girl who could dropkick a two-hundred pound guy and I don’t want to. You’re the kind of person I love. You’re the only person I love in fact.” Newt says quietly and brings me closer to him, holding my body tightly against his own.

“Newt, I’m not like them though. You said so yourself, you like badasses. If that’s the kind of girl you like then why would you love me?” I ask him, feeling a gentle kiss on my cheek.

“How could I love anybody else? When I jumped, you were the one by my bed all day and night. You slept with me through the nightmares and helped me so much. Why would I love a badass girl when I have somebody who values me for who I am and reciprocates love. How could I?“

Newt stops talking and turns onto his back, pulling me slightly so I’m laying halfway on him.

"I’m not going anywhere.” He reassures me.

“I love you, Newt. You know, I love you so much right?”

His lips gently touch mine and move in slow sync with me. I hold his hand with my left one, leaning down to kiss him properly.  Newt was the most unexpected person to come into my life in the glade. He was second in command and a runner for a few months when I knew him. No relationships were really allowed to prevent any sex that could lead to children that would mess up WICKED’S experiments. He never spoke to me until he jumped off the wall.

He sits up with me in his lap, still kissing me as I rest one hand against his chest and he tucks my hair behind my ear.  

“You’re the most beautiful person…I swear.” Newt tells me and proceeds to kiss me harder, the force of it lightly pushing me onto my back so he’s hovering over me. The bed creaks under the weight of us both as we kiss, his hands holding either side of my face as we do.

We both giggle at the eager actions we take and I whisper to him, “You better slow your roll, hotshot. My arm is way too hurt for this stuff.”

He opens his mouth so speak, a shit eating grin on his face just as we hear a third voice in the room.

“If you shanks are going to keep kissing, please let me leave before I puke.” Minho groans in a tired voice from the bunk above.

“MINHO! You seriously were there this whole time?” I yell and him and kick the mattress above us.

“Ow! Listen, I was just resting. I’ll just sleep so you two can continue this little love fest.”

For a solid five minutes, Newt and I are dying in laughter over Minho (the sass king).

“Well, good thing we’ve got that arm in a sling or else Minho would have woken to a very different situation.” He whispers as I gasp, smacking his arm and laughing quite loudly.

“You’re a little pervert, you know.” I say and bring my arm back around his muscular body, coming in close to cuddle against his side. After a few more minutes of laying in silence, he speaks up.

“You are pretty badass if you set that shoulder in place all by yourself though.”

“I was a Medjack. Setting the dislocation is protocol.” I ramble while he is slowly kissing down my jawline.

“Look at you, Y/N, my little badass.”

Minho groans from above and says, “Look at that, my little vomit. Blah blah.”

We spend the rest of the day in my bed, kissing, laughing, cuddling, and kicking Minho through his mattress.