• Trapped •

»Everything around Even seemed so dark, like a trap. It felt like there was something unimaginably heavy laying on his chest, making it impossible for him to breathe. He felt like a rope was tied around his neck, slowly suffocating him to death. Was there even a way out of this?«

Deep breaths.
Slowly breathing in and slowly breathing out.
That was what Even tried to do. But it felt like the more often he tried to breathe, the feeling of suffocating seemed to get more and more.
Luckily, Isak was home. "I'm here, baby. I won't leave you and I will help you get through this", Isak repeated over and over.
A while ago, Even started to experience panic attacks.
They were not as bad as this one was at first, but they became worse and harder to overcome overtime.
Even felt like he was dying inside his body, he couldn't get himself out of this alone.

"I-Isak, I c-can't breathe", Even whispered, tears started to flow down his cheeks.
"I know baby, I know. Hold my hand and squeeze it, if that helps you", Isak suggested while he stroked Even's cheek.
And that's what Even did. He squeezed Isak's hand. After a while, he squeezed it harder, because he needed to desperately hold onto something.
His breathing got more and more shaky, more tears spilled out of his eyes and he started to tremble.
"Isak!", Even screamed, squeezing Isak's hand so hard that the upper part of Isak's hand turned white, because Even blocked the blood flow.

Isak kept on stroking Even's cheek. What could he possibly do now?
An idea came into his mind.
"When I used to have a panic attack back in 6th grade, it helped me to hear someone sing something relaxing. Maybe that's going to help you, too", Isak said calmly before clearing his throat.
"Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue~", Isak began to sing, slowly and calmly.
Even's breath stopped shaking. He even let go of Isak's hand.
Isak started to sing another song.
"You're my honeybun sugarplum. Pumpy-umpy-umpkin. You're my sweetiepie", Isak sang while looking directly into Even's teary eyes.
The Norwegian wiped his tears away before nuzzling into Isak's chest.
Isak combed Even's hair with his hand while he continued to sing.

"I'll be always here for you, my angel", Isak said while he kissed Even's forehead.
"Takk. Jeg elsker deg, Isak", Even said before he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.
Isak closed his eyes and fell asleep as well.

Even can't go through all of his panic attacks on his own.
Sometimes, someone has to guide him through it.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Wortcount: 450 words)