TWENTY NINE

3-4 more chapters ?
-

The next morning Off wakes up with an aching back. He had slept in the damn uncomfortable hospital chair next to Gun's bed. He slowly turns his head to look up at Gun. "Good morning, Love." He smiles sadly and brushes his hair out of his face. "This damn chair hurt my back. Wake up so we can go home." He laughs. He kept talking to Gun's sleeping body.

A knock on the door interrupts Off. "Come in !" The door opens to reveal Godji, Singto, Tay, New and Nirin. They all walked in silently and Off just ignored them. "Anything happen ?" Godji speaks up first. Off shakes his head and brushes Gun's hair with his fingers. "Have the doctors said anything ?" Once again Off shakes his head.

"Nirin was asking for you all night." She comments and Off doesn't bother looking towards Nirin's direction. "Pa ?" Nirin smiles. Off looks back at her briefly. Tay sighs and signals for everyone to leave. They obey and Tay closes the door behind them. "Off, you can't ignore your daughter." He says in a serious tone. Off nods. "I'm not."

"You barely even looked at her. I know Gun is in a coma but-"

"What did you say ?"

"That Gun is in a coma ? Wait- you didn't know ?" Tay raises an eyebrow. He was confused. Before they went into Gun's room the nurse told them everything that had happened and that Gun was in a coma- had they not told Off ? That can't be, right ?

"H-he's not in a coma." Off laughs nervously. "He-he's just sleeping- he'll be awake any minute now." Tay looks at his friend sadly, "Off, Gun's in a coma. Didn't the doctor tell you ?" Off shakes his head. "You were probably asleep when they were gonna tell you." He says and Off doesn't reply.

"Baby, wake up." He whispers and once again his eyes were watery. "I'm gonna go check on Nook." Tay excuses himself before leaving the room.

He walks to Nook's room where everyone else is now. Godji was sitting on a chair next to Nook's bed and New and Singto we're sitting in chairs across the room- Nirin in Singto's lap.

"He didn't know Gun is in a coma." He says grabbing everyone's attention. "He's convinced himself Gun will wake up any minute and that he isn't actually in a coma." Nook looks at Tay worriedly. "I shouldn't of let him drive that late. It's my fault." She says. She was mad at herself for letting Gun drive when it was late and she kept distracting him with questions. She didn't know something like that would happen.

"Nook, it's not your fault. You didn't know that would happen." Godji reassures her but Nook just shakes her head and looks away from everyone.

"He won't even look at Nirin. That's not okay." Godji nods. She didn't know what to say. Off shouldn't be ignoring his own daughter but he's not in a good state right now, his fiancé is in a coma.

"Just- i don't know." Godji was frustrated. With everything going on she didn't know what to do anymore. Tay sighs, "hopefully Gun wakes up soon. Until then we'll see how Off acts." Godji nods.

In the other room, Gun had squeezed Off's hand. Off was ecstatic. He was over the moon thinking Gun was about to wake up any second now. "Wake up, Love." Off smiles, holding Gun's hand tightly. "Come on, baby. Wake up." He repeats.

Gun's heart monitor goes off rapidly startling Off. "Doctor ! Help !" Off calls out until doctors and nurses run into the room. A nurse pushes Off out of the room. "What's going on ?!" He yells at the nurse who pushed him out. "Please stay calm, sir." She says before walking back into the room. "Baby." Off chokes out. He hadn't realized he was crying again.

-

I