TWENTY ONE

This might be sad?

Gun sighs putting his phone back down

Gun sighs putting his phone back down. He should've just said no. He quickly gets up and heads out the door. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes, he didn't want to cry again. He just wanted help- advice. He didn't know what to do about Off.

Gun walks out of his apartment complex and to a near by café. He pulls his phone out and texts his friend to see if they could help him.

"You look like you could use a friend right now

"You look like you could use a friend right now." Gun looks up to see a guy smiling down at him, "i do." He manages to say. "I'm Mond." He introduces and Gun smiles slightly. "Gun." He says and Mond hums. "What's upsetting you ?" Mond asks.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Gun lies, Mond clearly not believing him. Gun's voice sounded so weak- broken even. "Your eyes are red." He points out. Gun seems to panic before blurting out, "I'm high."

"Why don't we get out of here and get high together ?" Mond smirks. Gun's eyes widen, he's never smoked. "I-i was kidding." Mond laughs, "I know."

"Now tell me why you're upset."

"I'm in love with a guy who sees me as... I don't know." Gun sighs. "He doesn't feel the same way ?" Gun shakes his head sadly, "how do you know that ?"

"He treats me like his goddamn babysitter who he's having an affair with !"

"Woah, he's married ?" Mond asks and Gun shakes his head quickly, "he has a baby with his ex." Mond nods. Should Gun be telling him anything ? What if he knows Gun and wants to expose him ? What if he's trying to expose Off.

"You seem like a very nice guy, I'm gonna be honest with you, Gun." Mond says, surprising the shorter. Gun nods and waits for Mond to continue. "I know who you're talking about."

"H-how ?"

"Off and I are on School Rangers." Questions flood Guns head. Does Mond hate Off ? Is he friends with Off ? What if Off sent him to spy on him ? Why would he. Gun shakes his head and looks up at Mond with confusion written on his face. "O-oh." Mond nods and continues, "I don't know much about Off but from what I've seen he's very... short tempered and doesn't let his emotions show." Is that why he snapped at him ?

"Anyway, continue. I'll try my best to give you advice." He smiles and Gun lets out a shaking sigh, debating whether or not he should tell him.

"A few days ago I was babysitting Nirin while Off was at work and I thought I'd take Nirin to the GMM building to surprise him. When I got there Krist showed up and tried to carry Nirin but I didn't let him and I raised my voice at her, she started crying and Off showed up and yelled at m-me." Gun tells, voice wavering at the end. He hated how sensitive he was.

"T-then my friend and his boyfriend told me to stop contacting him first. Because his boyfriend thought he was using me." Mond listens to the boy intently. "And he texted you ?" He asks and Gun nods, lips pursed to not let it quiver. "He texted me asking me to babysit. I agreed-" Mond cuts him off with a scoff, "why would you do that ?" He sighs and Gun shrugs. "I said yes and he asked me to go to his apartment but I said no and that he could bring her and he said to forget about it and asked his friend instead."

Mond nods, "did he ever tell you he loved you ?" Gun shake his head before continuing once again, "when we started talking he said he liked me but he's never said he's loved me. Before his daughter was born he never really showed me affection or anything- I was just... there. His friends didn't like me either, they said I was 'a toy Off would play with until he was bored', and it seems that way. Now a days he only contacts me to babysit his daughter- it's never him asking me on a date, asking how I am, or what I'm doing- it's always about Nirin- I sound fucking selfish saying that, oh god." Gun laughs humorlessly at himself, "I love Nirin- I didn't care at first that he just wanted me for Nirin because I really do care about her. But n-now I realized he saw me as a babysitter- a friend ? I wish he loved me but-"

"Gun- i-" Mond lets out a frustrated sigh, "do you want me to be honest or do you want me to lie ?" That's never good. Off never loved him, that's the truth. "H-honest. Please." He squeaks out and Mond nods. "I don't think he ever loved you, Gun. I think you were more of a rebound. I know that hurts to hear but it's better than thinking he did and blaming yourself for losing him. Yes, it's gonna hurt- it's gonna hurt so fucking much, Gun. You're gonna hope he shows up at your door, begging for forgiveness but that's not gonna happen, he won't even notice that you stop contacting him as much, he'll have fun. He'll forget about you while your home alone crying over him. He never loved you and that's the truth. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this so you move on and hurt yourself less thinking this is love." By the time Mond is done talking Gun was in tears. It's his fault, he wanted to hear the truth. He needed to hear the truth- he just- he didn't think it'd hurt this fucking bad. It hurt so bad- his heart felt like it was being stabbed over and over again.

Mond notices the people in the café staring at them so he gets up and drags Gun along to the park near by.

"M-Mond- it hurts." He sounded so broken. So weak. Mond nods. Yes, he felt bad for hurting Gun but Off hurt him more- he would've kept hurting him if he hadn't told him the truth. "I know, Gun." He carefully wraps his arms around him and Gun let's him. Gun felt weak, stupid, pathetic for thinking Off felt the same about it. He blames no one but himself. He doesn't even blame Off. He blames himself for getting himself hurt.

"I'm sorry, Gun." Gun doesn't say anything, instead he clutches Mond's shirt tightly and lets out soft, broken sobs. He couldn't stop the tears and he felt like he couldn't breath correctly from all the sobs leaving his mouth. "I love him." He lets out more tears and Mond sighs. "I know." He squeezes Gun tightly in the hug- it only caused Gun to cry even harder.

If felt like hours before Gun stopped full on sobbing- tears were still evident but he felt like no more tears could come out.

"Thank you." He whispers in a raspy voice and Mond nods. "I'll see you around." He says, it sounded more of a question. "You will." Gun smiles sadly and turns around, walking back home.

"Don't do anything stupid." Mond whispers.
-