Chapter Four // Simple Invitations

Y/N's eyes looked up at her white ceiling while moonlight shone through her windows. She couldn't believe what happened to her. She couldn't believe that he had saved her.

Her mind had told her something was wrong with the ghost. She knew it was looking for her. But why? What would a stupid ghost want with her anyways?

And she'd even talked to him. She talked to Phantom, the ghost boy that saved Amity Park on a daily basis. The ghost boy who had willingly saved her and then confronted her with such an aura of confidence. Phantom knew he was good at his job and didn't have to be told otherwise.

Y/N had always seen video footage of Phantom's fight with an assortment of evil ghosts. . But she'd never been close to one. She'd never witnessed a ghost fight with close precision. And she'd enjoyed watching Phantom's form as he fought off the ghost made of armor. And here she was, gushing like a lovesick fool over a ghost fighting superhero.

Tomorrow was Monday. She had to get to sleep soon so she wasn't sleepy in the morning.

Y/N went to turn off the light when she heard something tap on her window. Y/N turned her head and witnessed two green eyes staring back at her. Y/N let out a yelp, falling backward on her bed. And in an instant, the ghost boy was standing in front of her bed post with an awkward smile. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

Y/N felt her face grow warm. She was blushing, wasn't she? "Oh, um...you're okay. But why are you here?"

"You left something at the library. This kid, Danny I believe his name was, gave it to me to give to you." Phantom opened up his hand to revealed a bracelet of hers. She hadn't noticed that it had fallen off.

"It must of...fallen off of me when I was...hiding underneath the table. But thanks." Y/N stepped forward and reached for the piece of jewelry. Their fingers brushed together, sending a surge of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Quickly, Y/N retracted her hand and slipped the bracelet over her wrist. "So, what's a famous superhero such as yourself doing, talking to a girl like me."

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You seemed pretty shaken up the last we talked."

"Well, I'm fine. The question is, are you okay? You took a pretty big blow fighting off that ghost."

"Oh, I'm completely fine. I've experienced a lot worse, trust me. But you get used to the pain after a couple of beat downs." Y/N nodded in understand.

"What's it like? Being you know...dead?"

"I don't know. I don't even remember what it felt like to die. It was like one moment I was an ordinary kid and then the next I was cursed to eternal damnation." He sighed. "Let's just say, I wish things could be the same as they used to be. But you've got a whole future ahead of you. So don't take the moments of your life for granted. You should embrace your failures and turn yourself around. Be the person you want to be."

Y/N pursed her lips. "Um...thanks for the advice...I guess."

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to get going."

"Okay. Thanks again...for saving me."

"No problem. See ya, Y/N." Then he was gone and she was alone once again.

Danny watched Dash as he leaned against the locker next to Y/N. Today Y/N was wearing a sky blue dress with white pantyhose and a pair of ballerina flats with the strings wrapped around her legs. She looked perfect. And gosh, her hair. It was down in H/C colored ringlets.

Danny was in earshot of the pair. Y/N wasn't paying attention as she grabbed things from her locker and slammed it shut.

"Don't you have better things to do, Dash?" She crossed her arms and glared at him.