Chapter Three // Study Dates and Ghost Attacks

Y/N's outfit for the chapter

Y/N's outfit for the chapter. (not my drawing.)

When Danny got home, he'd typed Y/N's number into his contacts folder and typed in her name. His nimble fingers slid against the touchscreen. He hoped that this wasn't some sick prank that she was playing at. But he knew Y/N better than to stoop that low.

Danny ran his fingers through his black locks. His blue eyes glanced back down at his phone screen as he thought of something to type.

Danny - Hey, this is Danny.

He waited for a reply. Three dots rose up onto the screen. She was typing a reply right now.

Y/N - Oh, hey. I didn't expect you to text so soon.

Danny - Am I interrupting something?

Y/N - No, no...Just some personal stuff...It's crazy that Lancer paired us up.

Danny - Only because I'm failing.

Danny - I don't think he likes me very much.

Y/N - Not unless you're Paulina...or Dash.

Y/N - What time should we meet up tomorrow?

Danny - Idk. Noonish?

Y/N - Sounds good.

Y/N - I...um have to go. See ya tomorrow I guess?

Danny - I'll be there.

Then the conversation ended there. Danny threw his phone onto his bedside table. It was odd that there hadn't been a ghost attack today. Usually he had to fight off the box ghost on a daily basis, but that didn't happen. But knowing his luck, he'd have another ghost problem in the morning.

Danny listened to footsteps as they travelled upstairs. He listened to the footsteps falter and then he listened to fingers rapping the door. "Come in." Danny said, knowing that his sister was there.

The door opened and Jazz stepped into the room. "Hey, there, little brother." He knew she noticed the bags under his eyes. Everybody around him noticed his lack of energy and he'd been quite lethargic for the past week. "Are you okay? You seem a little...tired."

"That's because I am tired. Every time I try to sleep, I end up waking up five times every night. I haven't even been able to relax without a ghost popping in and out of the Ghost Zone every twenty minutes." Danny rolled his eyes and turned around to face the open window.

Y/N's house was right next to his and he wished he could just knock on her door. It seemed like Y/N didn't even know that he'd existed.

But that didn't stop him from liking her. "I know things are tough. But you always find a solution. Things are going to be okay." She smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

The next morning, Y/N had gotten up early to get ready for the day. It was officially Saturday and she had a study session with Danny Fenton today.