IX- I'm Dreaming of Xavier

Start from the beginning

The familiar words played in my head over and over again, with each slap, insult, shove, and kick, she inflicted on me. I knew it was something deep within her that was troubled not me. But I could never understand what I did to make her so angry.

I put on Super's leash and began our walk home. The cool fall breeze gliding through Super's black coat and my face. "Just me and you. Just me and you..." I ran my fingers through my hair which flowed in the breeze.

My phone buzzed with vibration in my jacket pocket. It was a call from Grandma Elaine. I hadn't seen or spoken to her in years.

"Kaia! My grandchild, how are you my love? Well I was just going through my old phone book and I saw your number. Ah it's still the same after all these years. Well anyway, I'm having a small family dinner and I would love for you to join us. All your cousins will be there and your uncles and aunts would live to see you. You just have to come it wouldn't be the same without you."

For an old woman Grandma Elaine could talk for hours. Barely getting a sentence in I answered, "I would love to Grandma Elaine but you see-..."

"That's wonderful honey I'll see you here tonight at 8. I love you! Mwah."

With that she hung up the phone leaving me speechless.

"Well... I guess we have some family to see huh?" I patted Super's back and continued walking.

2 hours of anxiety later

I hadn't see this side of my fathers family in years. If I told you I wasn't nervous I was lying. I felt my palms sweat at the thought of my father possibly being at this dinner. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to that man.

He didn't even deserve the title as my father. I had bigger problems to worry about. Such as how I was getting to this dinner. Xavier. Although I was enraged at him I couldn't bother Ryan he was working tonight, resulting in him cancelled our date.

I swallowed my pride and called him.

"You wanna make things right between us?" I questioned

"Please, I don't like shortstop being mad at me." I could feel his devil-like smirk through my phone.

"I have a dinner I need you to accompany me to. It's a family dinner with my grandmother Elaine."

"Wow... Um okay I'll see you in 40."

"Not cool" I giggled.

I sighed not really wanting to thank him. "Your welcome Short."

41 minutes later

My doorbell rung indicating Mr. Carter was here.

"Hello." He stated simply walking in uninvited.

I turned on my heals and made my way toward him. I was a little bit taller thanks to my heals and we made eye contact.

"Hey look at that you grew. I can finally see you properly." He chuckled a chuckle so attractive it hurt.

I looked at him from head to toe in his well tailored suit that matched his green eyes perfectly. His hair still messy, fit his jawline well. And his signature cologne tied the look together. One thing I will say, Carter knew how to dress.