My head dropped to the floor, my eyes scanned the wood for a response. I sigh and closed my eyes. "Sorry, but no. I have a new family and that's with the Eight Deadly Sins."

"I see." He sighed. His ruby eyes looked at me as he handed me a rectangular box. "I see you have made up your mind. This used to be your mother's. Think of it as a family heirloom."

I took the box and looked into his ruby eyes. He nodded and disappeared. I blinked a few times. 

Did he just ...disappear? 

I opened the box and found a silver dagger with a ruby rose carved onto the handle. I picked up the dagger, my eyes scan the embroidery on the blade, bewitched by it's beauty. 

"This was ... my mother's?" I asked myself. 

"(Y/n), I-" Ban started. 

I looked away. His hand reached for me, but I slapped it away. Meliodas and King fell silent and looked at us. 

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE, HOW- HOW COULD YOU LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING A WORD? YOU LEFT ME! YOU RAN AFTER THAT STUPID ELAINE CHICK, WHEN I WAS BLEEDING TO DEATH ON YOUR BACK! AND YOU HAVE TO NERVE OF LEAVING ME?"

"(Y/n) ..."

"NO, DON'T YOU DARE SAY A WORD!" 

Ban looked at the floor. "I'm sorry ..."

"You're ... SORRY! THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!." My voice began to crack and a tear threatened to spill from my eye. I wiped it away and ran up the stairs. 

"(Y/n)!" Ban shouts and began to run after me. 

"No, don't!" I shout at him. I sniffed and ran into my bedroom ... I should say that it was Meliodas's, but I don't care. I slammed the door shut behind me. Blocking the outside world out. The bed frame squeaked as I flopped on it. I hugged the pillow close to me, burying my head in it's softness. 

"(Y/n) ... I truly am sorry. Just let me explain." Ban said from the other side of the door. I ignored him. There's no way he's going to hear me speak to him. Not when he broken my heart. Just hearing his voice feels like he's reopening the wound, infecting it with his apologies. 

"I know I hurt you, but please. Let me explain. I couldn't tell you that I was leaving, you were asleep. Once I heard that taking you to your own kind might restore your memory, I had to find out where they were hiding." You could've left a note. You could've waited for me to wake up. You could have at least told one of the Sins, even that silver haired hoe. Oops, did I say that? "I'm more of an idiot than I thought. All I wanted was for you to not be lost in the unknown. It pains me for you to not remember a thing. It feels like my soul is being ripped out."

He didn't ask how I feel ...

"So please, forgive me (y/n.)"

Not yet. 

I headed towards the door. It was as if my legs were moving on their own. The part of me that understands and excepts Ban's apology wants him near. The door opened and my eyes looked at the giant in front of me. He looked down at him in shock, as if he seen a ghost for the first time. I looked up at him and my lips formed a crescent. 

"Well, come in." I said softly. 

Ban didn't say a word as he ducked under the doorway. I held his hand and my (e/c) looked into his, seeing his overwhelmed confusion. 

"Relax, I didn't ask for you to come in here for cheesy reason." I smiled and punched his gut. He crashed into the window and fell onto the grassy earth beneath. I chuckle and went to the window.