I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, Henri," I said in a mocking voice, but a slight panging noise against my bedroom window pulled my attention away from the conversation. I was vaguely aware of Henri's response as I inched off the bed and peered out the window. To my surprise, Jack stood just two stories below with a plain white tee and jeans, but still managed to look amazing.

When he saw me, a grin stretched onto his face and he threw a small object at the window, creating the same panging noise from before.

I scoffed in awe. "I think Jack is throwing rocks at my window."

"And that's apparently blowing the socks off your feet," Henri retorted in a mocking tone.

My gaze lowered to my bare feet. "It would be, if I was wearing socks ... Look, I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay," he replied. "Talk to you later, big sis." And with those words, the line went dead.

I tossed my phone to the bed and unlocked the latches, pushing open the window. I popped my head out and shook my head in disbelief. "You're throwing rocks at my window," I pointed out. "Why?"

Jack merely shrugged. "I thought it'd be romantic!" he shouted back. "You know, Romeo and Juliet stuff."

"Yeah, and what happened to them?"

He hesitated. "Uh, they fell madly in love."

"They died!"

He stared at me like he wasn't sure if I was serious or not. Eventually, he sighed in defeat. "Rapunzel, let down your long hair!"

I couldn't contain my laughter and burst into hysterics. "There's this thing called the front door. You should try it sometime."

"Didn't want to awake the beast!" he countered cleverly.

Leaning against the window frame and raising a provocative brow, I responded, "Well you're in luck, the dragon just left her castle! Come around front, I'll open the door for you."

Jack flashed his confident smile before he dashed out of sight, moving towards the front door. Shaking my head in utter disbelief, I slammed the window shut and locked the latches. I managed to breeze down the stairs and to the door just as he rang the doorbell, but stopped to take a look at my reflection in the hallway mirror. Deciding I looked presentable enough, I grabbed ahold of the doorknob and swung the door open.

God, he looked even better up close.

His golden locks seemed less disheveled than usual, but it'd be stupid for me to think that it would ever look neat. His dark jeans hung loosely around his waist, giving me a sneak peek of his plaid boxers, and his white t-shirt had several grease smudges smeared across it. The rugged look suited his personality, but there was one soft feature that I'll forever be mesmerized by.

His eyes.

The clearest shade of blue paired with specs of bright yellow managed to knock me off my feet every time. I was secretly glad that I was one of the few people who would get to look at him this close.

"I hope you know you're practically eye-raping me right now," he pointed out, breaking the silence.

I jabbed him in the shoulder playfully. "Guilty as charged." Stepping back into the house, I opened the door wider and allowed Jack to step over the threshold and into the house.

"So," he announced as his eyes surveyed the room and he stuck his hands into his pockets. "How long do we have until the witch returns?"

"About another hour or so."