1

It was a chilly morning by the seaside, and mist hung in the salty air. I sat on my usual bench, wrapped up in a large sweatshirt, with my pajamas underneath. My family and I had recently moved to a house right by the sea, so this is how I would start all my mornings: walking down to my normal spot to watch the sea with my morning beverage.

I sipped on the warm drink and felt my entire body give a shiver of satisfaction. I wrapped my fingers round the mug and gave a content little sigh. I always cherished this small moment of quietness, and enjoyed having a moment to ponder my thoughts.

I almost always had the beach to myself, aside from a couple joggers, so it did grab my attention when I saw someone making their way down the stretch of sand. I figured they would just walk past me, maybe give a greeting, but I did feel a little surprised when they changed direction toward me. "Hey." They smiled, once they were within speaking range. I looked up from my drink, which I had tried to distract myself with so I didn't look so awkward, to see a boy around my age. A pretty good looking one at that. "Hi." I replied, a little bashful that I had been caught in my pajamas.

"Mind if I sit down?" The boy asked. I was slightly uneasy, not knowing what his intentions were, but agreed after a short pause, seen as it was a public bench and I didn't really have a right to say no. He sat down, his shoulder brushing against mine.

He must've felt me tense up, because he smiled and tried making small talk. "I'm Ruel, by the way." and he held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm (y/n)." I felt a little better, now knowing a name to his face. We continued to talk and found out that we both had a common interest in music. He was so laid back and funny that it felt like I was talking to a close friend. Time flew by, and by the time I checked my phone, I realised nearly an hour had past.

"Oh, no." I said out loud, as Ruel looked at me questioningly. "I have to meet my friends for lunch in 15 minutes." I said, stuffing my phone in my pocket. "Same place, tomorrow?" I half joked, hoping we would meet again. He chuckled and nodded. "Same place, tomorrow" he confirmed, as I waved a last goodbye.

Ruel stuck to his promise, and we continued to meet up every morning. I realised the reason we hadn't met before was because he was on tour, which was super cool, and I had moved almost right after he left. We soon became great friends, and hung out often. It was only about a month later that I realised I'd caught feelings for Ruel.

My feelings grew stronger the longer we knew each other, and I knew I would have to tell him at some point, but I couldn't stand the possibility of losing our friendship. I decided I would just tell him, tomorrow at the beach and get it over with.

The next morning, we met up at the bench, per usual. We talked for a while, just enjoying each other's company before a comfortable silence fell between us. "Ruel?" I asked breaking it. "I have something I need to tell you." He turned to face me and I took a deep breath before continuing. "I like you. More than a friend. I know, it's kind of out of the blue, and it could ruin everything but I just-" I rambled before Ruel gently tipped my head up and kissed me.

I was so shocked I didn't move for a second, before I registered what was happening and responded. My arms wrapped around Ruel's neck, as his hands found their way to my waist. His lips felt so good against mine, and I felt Ruel pull me closer, intensifying the kiss. We both eventually pulled away for breath, and I laid my head against his shoulder, smiling like a fool.

"That means I like you back, if you didn't understand." Ruel whispered in my ear, making me laugh. "So will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I simply nodded, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

A/n: I litrally rewrite this whole thing ..