Chapter 5:Jason Connors

My dreams are filled with horror. The same type as always. Water beneath my feet, starting to rise, getting higher and higher until I can no longer breathe. That feeling of no air in my lungs filling me up. The gasp I take as the water fills me up. And then the water gets hotter, it slowly begins to boil, and although I cannot breathe, I still feel the water cooking my skin from the outside in. Then the water is gone completely, replaced with fire still burning my skin. The fire consumes me, and just when I feel it killing me it vanishes. Then I see it circling my dead family. I always focus on the fire steadily, almost controlling it away from them, but then the fire lurches back in. Once again I watch my family die. And just as they die I always wake up.

I open my eyes a stretch out my arms, seeing the big clock on the wall reading 5:59. I get up off the bed and grab my bag. I drag it to the bathroom and get dressed, changing into a pair of black jeans and purple sports jacket, as well as new undergarments. After doing what the bathrooms really for I brush my hair, not loving the way it feels between my fingers that much shorter than it used to be. Anyways I slick it back into a high ponytail. 

        I step out and begin doing my morning exercises. Halfway through Turner wakes up and heads to the bathroom. I finish my workout as she gets out of the bathroom. Her hairs up like mine, but in a bun. She's wearing dark bottoms and black leather jacket. I nod at her as she walks out. " Want an egg?" She looks up at me,

"Sure, scrambled please." I nod and get to work.

Once we've both eaten and are ready with our bags packed we head out of the room and knock of Matthew's door. Matthew opens it and invites us in. He looks at my hair, nods, then turns around and glares. "Alex over there was up at the crack of 5:30." He pushes through with his bag, looking rather energized. 

        Turner looks at me, "Greenberg was up at 6, but I'm not complaining." Matthew looks at me, "Should've put them in one room and us in the other, although I think we'd be fine having one of us on the bed and one on the couch, but they wouldn't be able to handle it."

Alex grins at me, "See, even Matthew thinks we belong together, so much so we can't sleep in the same suite." Matthew smacks Alex on the back of the head. "Owwwwww, what was that for."

Matthew grins, "I meant that she would probably kill you." Alex pales for a second, "Oh."

I smile at Matthew, "Oh yes, you know me so well."

Turner coughs, "Shouldn't we be going?"

I nod, "Yah, we have a flight to catch at 8:30 in 45 minutes, the airports just around the corner though."

Alex looks at me, "Where are we going?"

I smile, "How do you feel about Australia?"

After checking out of the motel we hailed a taxi. I look at the driver, "London City Airport Jet Center please." He nods and starts the vehicle. I look behind me in the back, where everyone else is. They're all laughing and talking, so naturally I take out my phone and listen to podcasts.

Its short lived though, with us arriving in 5 minutes. When we step out of the taxi I pay the driver and Turner gasps. "Is it normally this empty?" I look at her,

"There's only one flight out today, ours."

Alex sighs, "Ohhhh."

Turner looks up at me from her phone, "Who are we finding anyways?"

I continue, "Jason Connors, Knight just killed his son. He 31, was divorced, his wife has the other child but moved to a different part of Australia. He's Caucasian, medium height, medium build, but with solid muscle. You'll know him when you see him. Want to know the best part?"