xliii. ━━ till death do us part

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FORTY THREE ━━ till death do us part

being loved gives you strenght,loving deeply gives you courage

loving deeply gives you courage

lau tzu

      SHE HAD FELT NERVOUS FOR HER FIRST GAMES, SHE'D BEEN A JITTERY MESS WHEN THE COUNTDOWN started, signaling the start of the torturous game, but these jitters, this anxiety coursing through her body like electricity was different. A good different, Erin concluded as she took in a deep breath when the woman beside her, turned her around to face a mirror in the room.

    "You look beautiful darling," Effie gushed as she adjusted Erin' braided hair carefully over her left shoulder before smoothening her veil out with a proud grin displayed on her own face. "He's going to cry when he sees you." She added after a moment as they looked at her reflection in the mirror.

     Erin's hazel eyes looked over her appearance in the mirror, the gorgeous dress, made by Effie and her minimal supplies looked like something she'd pulled out of one of her childhood dreams. The way the soft white material flown around her like the waves of the ocean—to the delicate and detailed embroidery decorating the top part.

     It was perfect, today would be perfect. She reminded herself once more. She deserved perfect after everything Snow had done to her, to Finnick, and to everyone else effected by his wicked games.

     "I love it Effie." She whispered breathlessly admiring herself in awe, still not sure how the woman was able to make such magnificent thing with the limited supplies thirteen offered them and create this masterpiece. "You're a miracleworker."

     Her hand glided over the pearls seamed to the neckline of her dress, it reminded her of her mother's wedding dress. She had only been five at the time, but she remembered every little detail like it happened yesterday. The way her mother glided down the sandy shores of distrect four, how her dressed fell behind her like waves.

    And only now, did she really see how much she looked like her mother right now and she had to supress the urge to cry at the sudden realisation.

    "Now! No tears, you musn't ruin your makeup darling." Effie tutted, handing her a tissue, "they better be happy tears though."

     "They are, they are." Erin assured her, carefully wiping away the tears from her eyes, "it's just," she takes in a deep breath,"— I look like my mum."

     Effie's expression softens at her words and she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, "they are right here with you Erin, they always are."