(April Fools Chapter) 45: The Final Battle.

Author note;
Hi all my lovelies! This is a little something I wrote way back when I was still working on the book. April 1st happened to fall on the day I updated my books, so yeah, I pulled a prank. Enjoy!

* * *
Herschel.

He opened his eyes again to see a giant barbarian standing over him. The man didn't say a thing, just grabbed him by the front of his armour, hauling him up by the chainmail.

He was dragged across the snow, towards a group of men. When they reached the group, he was tossed into the center, where he collapsed to the snow, weak from bloodloss and the cold.

One barbarian, obviously the leader, glanced over his wounds. He recognized the look in the man's eyes immediately. I'm not worth the effort of saving. His stomach turned to water as the giant drew his sword, raising it above his head.

He swung. Herschel shut his eyes-

* * *
Caspian.

The doors to the study opened with a bang, and Caspian looked up from the map he was once again studying. Isidro and Hiram came rushing in, urgency plainly written on their faces.

"Thaddias and Damon are alive!" Isidro blurted hurriedly.

Caspian stood, alarmed. "What?!" Suddenly, before any of them could move, there was a loud crashing as glass broke somewhere within the castle. A scream followed shortly afterwards.

The three charged for the door, swords drawn. They ran at top speed through the halls towards the west wing of the castle. Kicking open the door to the foyer, Isidro led the way into the large room.

The sight that met their eyes was total war. Tamar and Jamaal were battling against several huge barbarians!

Caspian stepped into the room just as Jamaal received a blow to the face which knocked him aside, and he stared in horror as the tip of a sword pushed through the knight's armour and out his back. Blood spurted.

"No!" Isidro shouted. Time seemed to freeze as the barbarian pulled the sword back out. Jamaal's body slowly crumpled to the ground, lifeless.

Caspian turned his focus to the man who had killed him. His blood boiled and he charged into the chaos, knocking men over which the sheer force of his swinging blade.

Within seconds they were driving the men back, their fury making up for the overwhelming numbers. But that only lasted a few moments before the barbarians adjusted to their attack.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Isidro engaging the man Tamar was fighting, freeing her to escape. "Run!" The bodyguard shouted as he rained blow after blow down on the barbarian.

She obeyed, spinning around and rushing for the door. One of the men broke free from the group and chased after her. She had nearly reached the door when the man leapt, grabbing her ankle.

Caspian stared in horror as she fell. She was too new with a sword to avoid landing on it, and couldn't get it out from beneath her on time. She hit the floor and lay still, a pool of blood slowly spreading.

Something inside him broke. Before he knew it, he had collapsed to his knees, narrowly dodging a blow to the head. He didn't bother looking as the barbarian readied to swing again, eyes stuck on the body in the doorway.

He'd failed. He'd failed Rayndra, failed Adrelawin, failed the members of the Treaty, failed his old master, failed his people, failed his men... Most of all, he'd failed King Alton, the man to whom he owed everything... He lowered his head, waiting for the deathblow...

_____________________

Author note: April Fools!

*covers head as you throw nearest object at me*

I know, that was very very cruel. It actually hurt to write, but don't worry, this course of events is entirely false! Please disregard this chapter, nobody really died, and none of this actually happened!

But hey, I did learn something from this; I love my characters waaay too much to ever do this to them.

Yeah, I'm bad. Sorry. \_/