16: Familiar Stranger P2

Start from the beginning

I glanced at the clock. 6.30 In the morning. I sat up completely startled and held the covers close to my chest. I felt naked, even though I wasn't. Gabriel's brother in my room? It wasn't exactly on my bingo card for this year.

Heck, a lot of what was happening wasn't on my bingo card either.

"Hey sweetheart," He said casually. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and grinned innocently.

"Once again, What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Gabriel told me to keep you company. I hear you have someone after you." He said 'you' in a sing song voice.

I shook my head. "I don't like to think of it like that."

He shrugged. "It's true though, why deny it."

I continued looking at his chest trying to find any trace of a birthmark. Where else could it be?

"What are you looking for?" He chuckled.

"Nothing,"

He clicked his fingers and pointed at me. "You're looking for my mark. You've obviously seen Gabriel's and you're wondering if mine is the same."

He stood up and lifted his pant leg. My eyes widened. His was unique in its own way; not at all similar to Gabriel's. It ran all the around and up his calf and foot. His wasn't as big as Gabriel's and neither complex.

"I think Gabriel lucked out on his. His is so much better."

I frowned. "He hates his."

"I know but I like it." He shrugged.

I shook my head again and a very sly thought came to mind. If Gabriel wasn't telling me anything I can get it out of Tristan.

"Tristan, what is it?"

He regarded me carefully before saying, "It's a mark everyone gets when they reach a certain point in their life. I've had mine a very long time. But I earned mine."

I tried hiding my smile. He could tell me everything I need to know.

"Okay that's cool," I slowly lowered the comforter and cleared my throat nonchalantly. "And... how did you earn yours?"

He sat on the floor and crossed his legs. "By being me."

That's helpful.

"What's Enochian?"

He stared at me for a few moments. "An ancient language..." He paused but then narrowed his eyes. "Why don't you ask Gabriel any of this?"

I clenched my jaw. "Because he won't tell me anything! And he's somehow blocked me from searching anything on the computers." I smiled. "But you can tell me."

He shook his head. "If Gabriel obviously isn't saying anything then I think it's best if I don't say anything."

I groaned. "Damn you! At least tell me what a Nephilim is! What about Enochian? What those scars on your back are? How it's even mentally possible for you to scale up to my window when it's on the higher floor without any way of getting down?! How---"

He burst out laughing.

I watched him with narrowed eyes and a large scowl.

"Whoa. I didn't know you knew that much." He wiped a tear from his eye. "Alright I'll give you something you can go on."

I leaned forward and waited.

"Obviously Gabriel is being an absolute douche," I rolled my eyes. "He's trying to protect you, I know that much."

"Totally obvious, but carry on."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Gabriel still thinks it's not the right time, but looking at your hand and looking at you right now, it's obvious you're almost ready to know."

My hand? I looked at my rash arm. I've had it since the first week of school. I didn't think much of it though. But ever since that man looked at my hand and said I wasn't far along I got worried. It's spread slightly up my arm.

"The best thing to do is head to the library. If you look up 'The Book of Enoch' everything should become clear. That book will lead you to another book that will explain everything else, I promise."

This is what I wanted. This is what Gabriel wasn't giving me.

"Do you know why that guy is after me?"

His eyebrows knitted together. "The man isn't after you, I know that much. He's keeping an eye on you. And not a good eye like I am now, but he's waiting."

"For what?"

Tristan remained silent. Then he suddenly said, "You know you have a beautiful heart and soul, Lex?"

I blushed but then shook my head. "Don't distract me."

"That's just it though. Your soul. It's very important to this world and another."

I groaned again. "That's basically what that guy said. That doesn't make any sense."

Tristan stood up and sat next to me. "The guy said you're important in this world and another?"

I nodded. "What does that mean then?"

He sighed. "Alex, come on. Gabe would kill me if I said anymore. I've told you what to do, and as soon as you find out I want you to talk to me first." 

I sighed.

"Anyway, get dressed and look decent so we can do something."

I scowled. "You're asking me to look decent? You're standing in my room in sweat pants and no socks or shirt."

He shrugged yet again. "I'm proud of my body. And I have a reason for not wearing a shirt. Reasons that will stay with me."

I stood up and walked into my closet pulling out a t-shirt Gabe left here not long ago.

I threw it at him and he sighed. "Oh come on, don't you like my body?" He flexed his muscles and tensed his six pack.

"You ain't got nothin' on Gabe," I mumbled.

"Oh, so its gonna be like that then?" He gave me and intense look then smirked. "I could make you fall for me," He clicked his fingers. "Just like that."

"Yeah right," I scoffed and walked into the bathroom.

"Nice bite by the way!" He shouted as I shut the door.

I looked in the mirror and frowned. My bite was pure purple now and a scab wasn't forming just yet. It still looked fresh. Damn, I'm going to have to wear a scarf for a while.

__________________________

(Edited: 2014)