Two player game

Elaine's POV

After a few minutes of hugging I decided that it's time for me to take action. "It's not sundown yet so I should start my job search."

"I admire your enthusiasm Elle, but finding a job isn't gonna be easy." Mom tried to reason with me.

"I know, but everything is at stake right now." I explained "I know I can do this, just have some faith in me." With the flames of determination burning in my heart I ran out of the house and into town. There are a lot of shops in the area, I'm confident that I'll find work in no time!

🦋🦋🦋

Well I was totally wrong! It's almost sundown and I'm still unemployed. Mom and Evan are counting on me! What am I gonna do?

"Hi, Elaine!" Someone greeted me. It was Mr. Heere, Jeremy's dad, and he's still wearing kilts instead of pants.

(A.N: So I decided not to make Mr. Heere pants-less, but before you can be mad at me, this is what a kilt looks like...

So yeah kilts are basically skirts for men 😅(no offense to those who are Scottish) )

"Umm...Hi, Mr. Heere. Still wearing kilts I see."

"No wonder girls wear skirts! These things are comfortable!" He exclaimed as he did a little twirl. His expression then changed to concern, he stopped twirling and cleared his throat "I heard about your mother losing her job. How is she?"

"She's fine, Evan's with her and I'm-Wait. How do you know about what happened?!" I slightly panicked. She lost her job a few hours ago and the news is already spreading like wild fire.

"Oh, a carrier pigeon got lost and ended up at my house. But can you tell your mother that if there's anything-"

"Zombie!!" I hear two voices yell from the back of the yard. It must be Jeremy and Micheal playing 'Apocalypse of the damned'. It's this game that they invented where they attack fighting dummies that have zombie faces painted on them. I played it before and it's actually really fun!

Mr. Heere walked over to the yard to investigate and I follow him because I want to see my friends.

"Hello?"

"Blood!!"

"Son?"

"Claws!!"

"Jeremy?!"

"Pause..."

Just as I predicted there were bits and pieces of wood scattered around the floor. Jeremy and Michael dropped their weapons, Jared was also there practicing his skills with his wooden sword.

"Ah!! Dad! Pants!" Jeremy shrieked

"Is there a girl? Are you out here with a girl?" Mr. Heere asked hopefully only to realize that Micheal and Jared are the only ones present "Oh, hi Michael, Jared."