"What is it-- what's wrong?" I inquire worriedly. Leo's head snaps up.

"Oh, uh, it should be fine," he says hurriedly. "It's a little inflamed, but I'm sure Chey can get the medicine. I know exactly what we need, so don't worry."

"That did nothing but make me worry," I frown at him.

"Listen, you'll be fine," Leo assures me, and for some reason, this calms me down a lot. "Eat this; it won't get rid of the inflammation immediately, but it'll help." He passes me a tiny square of ambrosia and hurries away, sending me a half-smile as he walks away.

Lately, Leo's smiles have been getting less and less frequent. Back at camp, everyone told me how much of a joker Leo was and Leo's so funny, and Leo talks a lot... you get the picture. But he's hardly done any joking at all since I've known him. Every so often, he'll drop a corny joke, and he'll laugh if something funny happens, but not recently. Ever since his Aunt Rosa's...

"No way!" Chey's sharp tone snaps me out of my brooding (very (insert brooding character name here)). "I'm not really in the mood."

"C'mon, you're the only one who can even try and possibly make it out without getting arrested," Leo points out. "Besides, Merrily really needs this medicine."

"I'm all for helping Merrily, but after the way I've been treated by the rest of you, I'll be damned if I'm going to help you get anything ever again." And with that, Chey hurries away clutching Taylor to her chest.

"Well, how are we going to get the medicine now?" Nico complains. As if on a horror doll movie me,Abigail and Leo's heads all swivel to stare at Nico. Abigail cocks an eyebrow. "Wait, come on guys, I can't steal and you know it. I barely survived getting Twinkies from a drug store!"

"Well I sure as heck can't do it, Abigail definitely can't, and Ryan's a little too drunk," Leo explains. "You're the natural choice."

"You forgot about me!" I playfully scowl over at them.

"Ah, yes," Leo smiles lightly. "Your maiden cannot do it as she has been shot." Leo waggles his eyebrows at Nico and then at me. I giggle.

"That was Chey's fault anyway!" Nico explodes. "Why can't she do it!" Silence falls over the camp. Nico apparently didn't notice Chey come up behind him. Now, it's a pretty rare sight to see Chey hurt or sad. And it's frightening when you do. Her eyebrows turn up and her forehead creases a little and her eyes widen, showing off her near black eyes. Oh, just wait till I get my hands on Nico...

"Fine, let's take a vote," Abigail snarls at Nico, shoving Ryan off. "All for having Chey go steal the medicine?" Nico's hand flies up, but the rest of us keep our hands firmly down.

"All for having Nico go and get the medicine?" Leo frowns. Everyone, even Ryan, put their hand into the air. Nico scowls.

A minute later, a grumbling Nico dissapears into the woods.

"You're planning on following him, right?" Leo asks Chey.

"Duh," is the exasperated reply. "Nico wouldn't be able to tie his shoelaces if someone didn't help him." Chey hands Taylor to me and dissapears after him.

Ages pass with my shoulder growing steadily more painful. Leo paces in circles for three-quarters of the time, rubbing his wrist as he does so. Abigail is still busy trying to keep Ryan off of her.

Finally, we hear a rustling in the bushes and Chey pops out, a wild look on her face. "He's gotten himself arrested."

------------------------------------

Ah, one more chapter done, me successfully having mentally tortured some fictional people. It's spring break, so I might be able to get more than one chapter up this week! After the next chapter, things will pick up (more on the romance side).

*sighs* *breaks fourth wall*

Merrily: Now I've got an infection????

Me: Sorry. It's to advance the plot.

Nico: What does me getting arrested have to do with advancing the plot?

Me: Nothing, that was just for fun.

David: HA! None of that will happen to me because I'm--

Everyone: DEAD.

Leo: We know already.

David: yeesh.

Me: Just do the disclaimer.

David: CheyPaigeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO

Me: *rubs eyes* y'all are a handful

Everyone: *glares*

Me: *gulps* *holds up book to shield self*

Merrily: Please vote and comment!