ELEVEN ━ IGNITED

Start from the beginning

"Did you ever regret it?"

"No. Becoming a nogitsune... it not only made me powerful, it was like I was reborn. I felt unstoppable — and the hunger, the need to cause chaos, there's nothing like for-filling it. It's the best thing I ever did."

She nodded her head, understanding his words and how he felt. She decided not to ask any more questions on the matter, turning her head to look out the window and all the things that blurred by. Avery had learned more about him, yet she was disappointed. He choose to be the monster he is. He didn't regret or feel compassion towards all the bad he's done. He... was proud of it even. It was unexpectedly hard for her to wrap her head around.

They pulled up at her house minutes later, Void parking the car across the street. The car ride had gone by quickly, too quickly, and even once the vehicle stilled and the doors had unlocked, she knew she didn't want to leave him just yet. The brunette wanted more time with him, even though she knew it was pointless to think like that. She just didn't want to be alone.

Avery looked over at him once more, finding that he was staring at their hands; he hadn't bothered to retract his. After everything that happened tonight, her perspective of him undoubtedly changed. He was still evil and rude and absolutely obnoxious, but... he saved her. He could've have ignored the whole thing or maybe got some sick amusement out of it, but he didn't. That meant something. He meant something.

"Do you want to come inside?" She asked before she could help herself.

His lips twitched, having the urge to grin at her words. "Aren't your parents home?"

"Yeah. They're asleep, so we have to be quiet."

"I don't know if you can be quiet. You're kind of a loud moaner."

"I meant like going up the stairs." She scoffed, pulling her hand out of his hold and playfully throwing his back to his side of the car. She was fighting to not smile at his comment.

Avery got out of the Jeep, hearing the passenger door slam shut and the driver's side as well a moment later. The possessed boy followed her up the driveway and onto to the porch, his signature smirk on his face the whole time. Neither of them knew what they were doing, and instead of questioning it, they just enjoyed each other's presence. They weren't pretending — not tonight.

The door was unlocked with the spare key, and before they stepped inside, Avery put her pointer finger to her lips, reminding him to be silent. The last thing she needed was her parents to wake up and find her with him. It would be hard to explain why someone who was supposed to be locked up in a mental institution was beside her in their home just after midnight.

Both of their steps were light and soundless as they made their way up the staircase and down the hallway to her bedroom. Avery pushed her door open and closed it after them, making sure to lock it. Her family had the tendency to forget about the simple task of knocking.

Wordlessly Void went over to her bed and made himself comfortable, laying down and propping his arms behind his head. He still had that devious grin on his face, loving the fact the girl who claimed to hate him was openly inviting him in and sneaking him up to her room. It was obvious he had changed his mind about ignoring her and invoking her to be enraged by him. That plan wasn't working well anyway.

"Go ahead and make yourself at home I guess." She muttered sarcastically after seeing him spread out and relaxed on her bed.

Avery walked over to her dresser, picking out a set of comfortable clothes to relax in instead of her black dress. She began to take the dress off, maneuvering her arms out of the short sleeves. Before the brunette pushed the piece of clothing down any lower, she turned her head, finding Void's attentive gaze focused on her. She felt her cheeks heat up.