"Dad?, where are all the animals."

I pulled my snout from the lake and answered.

"It must be human hunting season",I said with disgust,"they hunt the preserve clean every year and leave us to starve."

I couldn't stand the humans that hunted on the preserve. They'd shot and killed cubs before thinking they were deer and Sozenn had been shot in the head once. Some even hunt us directly for our horns, scales and even teeth.

"Tell you guys what",I said scooping them up with one sweep of my wings,"while we wait for the animals to come out and play with us, hows about I teach you to fly and use your fire?"

Their eyes went wide.

"Re...really?",Helix stuttered.

I smiled,"yep, who wants to go first."

"Me, me, me!",Ace shouted.

It figured, he always had to be first for everything.

I smiled,"alright. I took him in my paws and carried him up about five hundred feet.

"You ready?",I asked looking down at him.

His eyes had gone wide.

"You didn't say anything about dropping me!",he squealed.

I laughed,"this is how my Dad taught me."

"Your not even gonna show me the steps first!?!",He squealed again.

"Nah, I'll just catch you if you can't get it in time",I said as a smile crossed my muzzle,"have fun!"

I let him go and dove after him. Ace was twisting and spinning in the air. I grabbed him by his shoulders and straightened him out and looked into his eyes.

"Dad I'm scared!",Ace shouted.

"Just watch me son",I said,"just watch."

I slowly opened my wings,"just do exactly as I did."

I let him go again and watched as his wings snapped open.

"I did it!",he screamed with joy,"I can fly!"

I smiled at myself and went back down. I found Dusk and Helix sitting back on their haunches with terrified smiles. They were both eager to go.

"Whose next?",I asked.

Dusk opened his mouth to shout that he was, but Helix was slightly faster.

"Me Daddy!",she shouted.

I smiled and carried her up. At five hundred feet, I let her go. After having watched Ace, it was easy for Helix to get the hang of flying. Her wings were open almost instantly, but she couldn't get the hang of flapping them and was more gliding than she was flying. With them out of the way, I went back down for Dusk. He was laying on his stomach starring up at the sky and shot to his feet when I landed.

"Ready son?",I asked.

"Yes!",Dusk shouted throwing himself at me.

I laughed and held him tightly to me as I carried him up. At five hundred feet I let him go. Being the smart one, Dusk opened his wings almost instantly and had the hang of flapping them even faster. I hovered as I watched them fly around.

"So how do you all like flying?",I called after them.

"It's awesome!",Ace shouted,"I can't wait to show my friends!"

"I conclude",Dusk said beginning with his usual smarty dragon routine,"a dangerously high level of awesome!"

"I love it!",Helix shouted.