part 5

Juju POV

As I was walking the hallways I met up with jasmine or jasmine met up with me. We were talking and listening to the lady over the intercom.

"No one wants to see your lower butt cheeks."

"Man, that's some bullshit! Did you hear that? Did you hear, no butt cheeks. You know how many squats I do for these nalgas? Come on people, no butt cheeks?." Jasmine said out of frustration.

"Jasmine chill, girl come on we got to get to class.." I told her.

...

It was now lunch and I'm trying to find the crew but no where to be found. As I seen the boys I walked towards them.

"I just wanna know where I am in this situation." Jamal said.

"Hey babies." I said to them.

"I don't know. Hey juju." Ruby said. 

Cesar gave me a side hug. 

"Aha! Exactly! Because you both always forget about me!" Jamal said. 

"We don't forget about you." Cesar said. 

"We ignore you." Ruby said quickly and quitly. 

"Well I won't forget or ignore you." I said. 

"Thanks juju." Jamal said. 

"You gotta leave the cane at home dude." Cesar said. 

"It's not a cane. It's a pimp stick." Jamal replied.

"Ew even worse." I said. 

"Hey do I crap on your accessories? No. Do I think necklaces are tacky on dudes? Yes. But I keep that to myself, so you keep doing you with that tacky chain and I'm gonna roll with my pimp stick that I need for my foot injury." Jamal said. 

"That isn't real." I said. 

"Why do you gotta neg me?" Jamal said.

"Relax, no ones gonna neg or forget you tonight, cause this ain't 8th grades guys. It's no "timid hands off." It's all "confident hands on" cause tonight everyone gonna get loose and bump." Ruby said. 

"Ayyyy." I said as me and ruby danced. 

As we got our food we somehow started talking about sex. 

"That's why you gotta have protection on the ready. One minute you're dancing next to some rando girl, and the next you're getting up and into your new girlfriend." Ruby said. 

"Trying not to get the herp." Jamal said.

"Come on. You really think one slow dance can define a relationship." Cesar asked. 

"Where have you been? Dances aren't dances, they are about makin statements my boy." I told Cesar. 

"I don't know, I just don't think one dance matters that much." Cesar said. 

"Okay, look what about, sylvia and Jesus, hmm. They both barely knew each other last year before the fall dance." Ruby said. 

"She was all over him. In a trance." Jamal said.

"Now they fell in love." Ruby said. "Look at them, they're are so ride or die."

"Tonight could be a game changer.." Cesar said.

We all met up at the table and it was quite.

"I'm wearing indigo tonight." Ruby blurted.

As they were talking the girls were getting a little upset and I just sat there. The boys were so confused and lost on what's going on.

"The answer is no. With a period, cause that's what it is actually called." Olivia said.

"Olivia lets go dine in a less hostile environment." Monse said.

"You read my mind." Olivia said. 

As I was sitting in my mind I was confused just like the boys, like we always joked around and stuff but I don't know what happened.

"What just happened, thought Monse was excited earlier." I confusedly said.

...

"I have to go take care of something for Spooky." Cesar said leaving Ruby's house.

The last time I spoke to him was when me and ruby talked to him, the homie had a whole girl and don't tell me.  Anyways we were talking about Ruby's feminisms and what not.

"Yeah ima dip too my loves." I said grabbing my things.

"Me too, what time should we meet, just so y'all won't forget about me." Jamal asked.

"For the last time it's not gonna happen." Ruby said. "Just come back here in half an hour or wait , I'm doing a charcoal mask better make it 45, I should do a nose strip too, let's say an hour to be safe." Ruby said. 

"I'll be back in 50." Jamal said. 

We both left the house and we walked together since my house on the way to his, we both got ready for the dance.

——-