Chapter 37

What the old lady told me about the disease of the maiden's mother, it shocked me a lot. What kind of pain she must have gone through day by day until now. Not even knowing when death will finally welcome her and free her from those chains of life keeping her locked down on earth.

If only God would spare her from this terrifying pain. Gosh, I just pray for her to suffer fewer.

"I have a question? As you helped me out already could you answer a question for me?"-"Sure, pretty lady. What do you long for to ask? Tell me and I will share with you all I know about it."-"Well, you know I had some cramps from staying in the kneeling position for long. However, there is something else bothering me. Do you have some wisdom about the maidens?"

I only spoke the word, but the woman froze on the spot. Her eyes were widening and she looked around herself, seeing if someone stood somewhere near.

"Ok. A difficult topic to ask here. I know some information from an old script roll though. it would be for the better if you read the roll at home and I give it to you. You can have it, burn it as long as possible. That is the only thing I will tell you!"

In a hurry, the woman rushed to a shelf and grabbed a dark bamboo script roll from a mountain of multiple script rolls. Like a fast arrow, she then returned to the spot next to me.

"There you go, hide it well under your clothes or you end up elsewhere not in a very good state."-"Thank you. I don't know how to repay though for all this help."

I was clueless and felt like I owned her my life. Damn, she helped me out so much with the danger to end up dead and I didn't even think of repaying her kindness at all.