"Mein tumse buhat muhabbat karta hun, Rudaba. Kuch bhi hojae, kabhi meri muhabbat per shaq na karna. Mujhe tumhare ilawa kisi ki parwah nahi hai. Na apni na kisi aur ki. Sirf tumhari parwah hai, sirf tumhari fikar hai."

His voice had vulnerability, pain and desperation. His eyes were moist, and she could tell he was crying. For her. For them.

"Look, I want you to be strong while I am not here. I want you to be the brave person that you have always been. The courageous Rudaba who always fights, and never gives up. You and your love is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I want you to own our love, I want you to cherish it and I want you to be proud of it. And like I have always said, I am and I will always be with you. Nothing can change that. Always remember this."

"I love you."

She had mumbled softly while tears dropped down on her cheeks.

"Now, stop with these tears. I don't like them, remember?"

"Take care of yourself and come back real soon."

"I will do."

Giving her a hug one more time, he left the room and she followed him. The families wished him well and allowed him to depart. His mother wanted to go with him, but he didn't want anyone who was dear to him, with him, to see what he goes through because he wasn't aware himself. Shahroze and Rudaba's father drove to the airport with Shahroze.

Rudaba saw the car zooming off and she couldn't help but resist her tears. Seeing her breakdown so badly, Nudrat and Fatima, both tried to comfort her, but it wasn't helping.

"Woh buhat jald wapis ayega. Aise himmat nahi haro, Rudaba. Deikho, mein maa hun uski, socho mujhe kitni fikar hogi magar mein uske sath nai ja saki. Uske liye dua karo ke woh sahi salamat wapis aye."

Nudrat consoled her and Fatima did too. After their all efforts, Rudaba finally found some rest and stopped crying and said a prayer for Shahroze's safety and well-being.

------------

The flight was long and exhausting but as soon as he landed, he found Zain waiting for him at the arrivals. He greeted him with a smile, but he looked somewhat shocked to see him. Did he look that weak?

"How are you feeling?"

"Alright I guess. The coughing and chest pain won't spare me. It's becoming exhausting and painful both."

"Doctor per ja rahe hain na, lets see. By the way, Rudaba has called a few times to check if you had landed. Give her a call."

"Oh haan. I will call her now because if I call her after doctor I don't know what I will be telling her and I don't have the strength."

"Kuch nahi hoga, bhai. Tension kyun leta hai?"

"These don't seem like normal symptoms though. I am somewhat scared, but I tried not showing it to everyone there otherwise they would get so worried. But I can with you."

"Everything will be alright. Just don't stress. You are getting married in less than two weeks dude!!"

Shahroze just smiled a bit and then switched on his phone to update Rudaba. As soon as his phone connected to internet, it was buzzing with constant notifications and missed calls from Rudaba. It was just a sign of how worried and impatient she was to hear if he was okay.

"Assalam o Alaikum."

"Walaikum Asalam, how are you? Did you reach safely? The journey was not too tiring, right? you weren't sick while travelling were you? Did you see the doctor? What did he..."