"Thank you, Miss Gilbert." Tanner said in amusement and the class laughed while Stefan smiled innocently.

"Anytime." Stefan reassured sarcastically, nodding back at Tanner who rose an eyebrow.

"Very well.. The Fall of the Berlin Wall." Tanner stated again, looking around the class for his next victim.

"1989." Stefan answered quickly and Tanner looked back at him, obviously taken aback. "I'm good with dates, sir." He admitted, tilting his head and the class rose their eyebrows at him.

"Are you? How good?" Tanner countered looking around the classroom, clearly challenging Stefan for show. "Keep it to the year." He added with narrowed eyes. "Civil rights act." He stated and Stefan smirked.

"1964." Stefan replied unfazed and I slowly folded my arms over my chest.

"John F. Kennedy assassination." Tanner asked again, obviously getting riled up by it.

"1963." Stefan answered quicker, making Tanner clench his jaw.

"Martin Luther King." Tanner snapped, slowly walking towards Stefan's desk.

"'68." Stefan answered again correctly and I smirked at him as I felt the tension rise.

"Lincoln." Tanner asked again, narrowing his eyes menacingly.

"1865." Stefan countered, not looking away from Tanner as the class became silent and watched the scene in awe.

"Roe Vs. Wade." Tanner advanced, getting irritated now as Stefan and him went head to head.

"1973." Stefan answered unchallenged, not even slightly phased by him.

"Brown Vs. Board." Tanner asked again, stopping at Stefan's desk as he now stared down at him.

"1954." Stefan answered again, looking up at Tanner emotionlessly.

"The battle of Gettysburg." Tanner fired off, tilting his head at Stefan.

"1863." Stefan replied with a nod and I laughed and shook my head at him in awe.

"Korean war." Tanner stated, smirking down at Stefan, clearly wanting this one to be a win.

"1950 to 1953." Stefan countered with a shrug and Tanner slammed his hand down on Stefan's desk, making everyone in the class jump.. All but Stefan.

"Ha! It ended in '52." Tanner breathed loudly, smiling to himself. I rose my eyebrow at the man child while Stefan furrowed his.

"Uh, actually, Sir.. It was '53." Stefan corrected with a stern nod while Tanner was walking back to his desk proudly, only to quickly turn back to Stefan and clench his jaw.

"Somebody look it up." Tanner ordered, snapping a finger as he looked over the class in annoyance. The classroom did as told, googling it on their phones or looking it up in the history notebook.

"It was 19...53." Someone pointed out in amusement and the whole class murmured excitedly before they all erupted into applause. Stefan nodded proudly towards everyone while Tanner scoffed back at him in defeat before the bell rang. I grabbed my books and scattered them into my arms as Stefan, Elena and I walked out of class.

"How did you know all of that?" I asked him, shaking my head in astonishment.

"Years and years of crossword puzzles. It's a loner thing." Stefan replied sarcastically.

-Time Skip-

I stretched on the football field's sidelines and heard Tyler groan in frustration from the field as Tommy caught the ball, making Tanner blow the whistle in anger. "Dammit." Tyler sighed in defeat, shaking his head and looking down.