EIGHTEEN

Admittedly Saturday night didn't go as bad as I expected after Trick's drunken words

Admittedly Saturday night didn't go as bad as I expected after Trick's drunken words. Everyone brushed it off and had a good night - even I enjoyed it once I got over the tension of his admission.

He knew and was willing to out me in front of everyone. But he didn't. And I know it wasn't because of me but his best friend.

I lean against the wall and stared at my phone as I wait for a text back. Sam informed me he and Trick were going to have a talk this morning, just to clarify what he meant. Particularly how he found out because there's a reason I was so secretive and considering he's essentially an enemy of mine - I'm expecting him to abuse the knowledge.

Finally my phone buzzes just as I hear footsteps approaching from down the hall. I glance up, quickly reading the text before Coach gets closer.

From Slytherin
He saw/heard us outside the locker rooms and then saw your reaction when I kissed Phoebe.

Instead of replying I lock my phone and focus on my other problem. "Hi, Coach. You wanted to see me?"

"Hi Callie," She speaks softly, eyes flickering to my cast before settling on me. "Come in and take a seat."

Her tone is different from usual. While she unlocks the door I know that stepping inside her office - for privacy - isn't going to go down well. She's treating me with kids gloves and not as an equal like she normally does.

There's no trace of pride in her eyes or security in my abilities as cheer captain, it twists my gut unpleasantly so I stand behind one of the three chairs opposite her desk. She sits down and downs some of whatever's inside the thermos before looking at me.

"Why is it you wanted to see me this morning?"

"I think it's best if you sit down," Pursing my lips I shake my head firmly which causes her to sigh. "Okay, fine . . . some red flags have arisen in regards to your accident, about your position on the squad."

"While my cast may prevent me from doing stunts, I can perform-"

"I was informed by a few girls that you've been intoxicated the past few weekends to the point you weren't coherent to stand on your own," She pauses for a moment and I bite the inside of my cheek from lashing out. "Then your friend informed us you had pushed yourself physically more than usual . . . I understand your roles - social life, relationships, family, school work, tutoring and captaincy, and I think there's one too many roles for you to handle."

"I strive under pressure."

"Too much isn't healthy and I'm concerned your accident was caused by your inability to guide - according to Faye, you hadn't given clear instructions and screamed at them to hoist you up. I don't want to risk any of the girls meeting the same fate if not worse by this."

"So I'm being kicked off the squad?" I deadpan, wanting to scream and kick from the betrayal of the girls. "Because this accident was my fault?"

"I never said it was your-"