21-follow me

third person

this time, it was elios turn to leave, he had been hoping this day to come soon whilst also wishing it away. he was excited for college but disappointed about all he would be leaving behind, not that the person he was leaving behind felt the same.

although he did in fact, feel the same. elio was too blind and humble to accept this

he packed his bags some weeks before, it was the most organised he'd been for years.

oliver, was keeping himself busy with mr perlman. they were chatting about the possibility of increasing oliver's time in the country, although elio wouldn't find out about this; for the reason of it still just being an idea.

oliver has been offered a job in paris the week after elio had found out about his college, he was very unsure what to do about it and didn't want to ask elios father in fear of having another talk with him.

mr perlman was always supportive, but support and protection mean different things when it comes to your children.

as the time they were all dreading came, they piled into the car one by one and began their journey to the airport.

oliver was confused as to why elijah hadn't joined them for the ride, he assumed the two boys were still together but again, what would he know?

elio was thinking about the previous night the two boys in the backseat had shared. he took small glances in his direction, trying to take in as much of his complexion as he could before it was gone for good.

this didn't go unnoticed by his mother, who chose to keep it to herself, but didn't oppress the smile on her lips.

they arrived far quicker than any of them wanted, elio was nervous but very excited, oliver felt the opposite.

elio's father and oliver were sharing similar emotions as it so happened, mr perlman was worried about what his son could encounter somewhere foreign. for he himself had 'experimented' in college.

they all exited the car simultaneously, mr perlman parked and payed somebody to take elios bags through.

oliver couldn't keep his eyes off the ground, he didn't want to look up, didn't want to believe what was happening around him.

"you excited?" he muttered, when he and elio began walking in parallel.

"i guess" elio was hesitant in his response, not knowing how he truly felt.

"nervous?" oliver was questioning him too much, elio knew oliver didn't want him to go. but he couldn't deal with the mans back and forth business, he had to stabilise his future.

elio looked up to meet oliver's eyes, they bore holes into the sad pit. he smiled and nodded. "of course, but hey, new adventure right?" he chuckled and nudged oliver slightly.

all four of them walked to the furthest point they could go with the boy, elios parents behind the two boys.

oliver moved out the way so the perlmans could say goodbye together, they had a family group hug. oliver smiled at the gesture.

"be good" his father commented, ruffling his child's hair and kissing his head, holding him in a loving embrace.

his mother was next, holding in the tears, she kissed his forehead and muttered some unknown sayings in italian to the boy which left him with a sad smile on his face.

the couple then waved goodbye and informed oliver they would be waiting in the car, at which he nodded and turned back to his lover.

"i shouldn't have given up on us, i know i should've given it a better chance and i regret it but elio i don't know what i'm meant to do with myself when you aren't around" he confessed, tears threatening to break. he refused them, telling himself 'not here oliver'.

"follow what you love oliver"

the problem with these harmless words, is that the two different boys took it two different ways.

elio, meaning it encouragingly, he was pointing in the direction of his work. telling oliver to go and get the job he so clearly wanted, to keep his mind away from other occupying things.

oliver however, took this a sign that elio felt the same way. he set it in his mind that he would follow elio until he succeeds in what he was sure both of them wanted, to be together.

neither one is correct, neither one is wrong. so they follow the paths of their choice, but one might lead right back to the other.

END OF PART TWO

———————————————
hey guys, i don't actually think anyone is still reading this shitty book, but hey ILL KEEP GOING.

i might actually not update for a while and just see if there's any point in me continuing, because i put a lot into these chapters and i don't know if people are just busy at the moment but yeah

sorry for the insecurities ;;;;;;////

thank you for 7k reads everybody! i didn't even think i'd get 100 let alone over 1000. anyways, if you are still reading, drop me a comment?

yeah cool okay, CIAO!