“You! How dare you! Aren’t you scared that House Jing’an will hold you accountable for your crimes and punish you?!” Ah Cai struggled and wriggled against his bonds. His eyes were now completely bloodshot from anger. However, since he was just a teenager, he couldn’t possibly beat the manservants who practised martial arts. His struggles bore no fruit, only succeeding to tighten the ropes around him further.

“You bitch! Just you wait! My uncle has already gone to report this to the officials!”

Wenqing was trying her best to hold back her laughter. If these two clowns before her realised who their master was, they would probably pee their pants in fright!

Just as Ah Cai finished speaking, they could hear someone running in from outside Guilin Restaurant’s entrance. Following that, a panting middle-aged man entered the main hall.

The man proudly pointed at the middle of the hall where Chu Lian’s party stood, before turning back to say, “Sirs, these people are the ones who came to cause trouble in our restaurant! Please arrest them, quickly!”

Right after that, five bailiffs with tall figures and fierce expressions came striding into the hall. Each of them had a sword hung at their waists.

One of the sturdy-looking bailiffs with a full, curly beard seemed to be their leader. He started roaring when he marched into the hall. “Which one of you was so impudent as to commit a crime in broad daylight! Arrest them all!”

When the bound Ah Cai and Mrs Wang saw that the head of their family had come, they shouted for help.

Two of the bailiffs came up to arrest Chu Lian and her servants, but two of House Jing’an’s manservants blocked them while Wenqing and Wenlan hid Chu Lian behind them.

Chu Lian wasn’t even the slightest bit anxious, even in this situation. Conversely, she felt that this Wang family was being too theatrical.

She didn’t retreat like they expected. Instead, she stepped forward, chin slightly raised as she looked straight at the leader of the bailiffs with a serious gaze. “Dear sir, do think carefully on who you’re going to arrest today. If you arrest the wrong person, it won’t be good for you.”

The bearded leader was stunned by Chu Lian’s words. He visibly hesitated for a moment.

He was just a normal bailiff on patrol on Anle Lane, where most of the population were common citizens. However, in this capital, you could find officials almost anywhere. If you threw a rock, there was a high chance that it might land on some prince or noble. He had managed to eke out a peaceful living with this career thus far due to his caution in dealing with people and making sure not to offend the wrong person.

He knew that Guilin Restaurant was owned by House Jing’an. Although they were considered a noble house, in this huge capital, they stood somewhere in the middle of the rankings. There were still a bunch of imperial family members and important officials above them.

The head bailiff debated with himself for a little longer.

While their leader was hesitating, the other bailiffs paused their actions as well.

Manager Wang got anxious upon seeing this. “Sirs, look at how those people are dressed. They don’t look like nobles at all. They’re just trying to deceive us all! Don’t listen to them!”