🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

I handed the brown shoes to Heather before putting on my shoes. I have to admit that they look like a pair of tapping shoes.

"I'm surprised that these fit me. Thank you so much, Ro. You're way better than Tamara." She said but then her smile faded.

I put my hand on her shoulder and comfort her. I was there too but Tamara treats Heather worse than me. I was a witness.

"Hey, that's all in the past. You don't deserve to be treated like that." I said.

"Both of us don't deserve to be treated like that." She let out a sigh. 

"All those times since the beginning, she treated us like servants as if she's the queen. Like she's the boss of everything and we were just there, not doing anything about it."

With those words being said, I recall the dark times with Steven.  That's how I feel. 

He treats me like a puppet and he controls me, abuses me, and even threatened me. I felt helpless and I didn't do anything.

I am such a coward.

"But... " She spoke which made me snap out of my thoughts. "...when I'm with you, everything's different. You treat me with kindness and you're always there when I need you. I'm very grateful for that."

I smile and give her a hug. Then I felt a vibration from my blazer, pull out my phone and it was a text from Eddie, saying that he'll be waiting for us outside of the school building.

"We should get going," I said as I unlock the door.

"Wait, what about your things?" I asked.

"I would bring them with me but I can't leave them unattended so 'll just pick them up after the party if that's okay with you," Heather said.

"Okay, sure," I said then we walked out of my room and head downstairs.

It was kinda silent except for the creaks from the stairs as we take a step and another. 

We reached the end of the stairs and I saw Steven leaning against the main doors wearing all-black clothing and he has a skeleton mask in his hand.

"Dad texted and he said that he's treating Mom and Toby to dinner. So I'll be taking you two to school." He said. I just let out a sigh and nodded.  He opens the door and gestured for us to go out first so we followed and step out of the house. 

We went on ahead and I can feel Steven's presence behind us so I just link my arm with Heather's, to make me feel safe.

__

Finally, we made it to the school building and I saw Eddie still outside, with his hands in his trench coat pockets. Heather grabs my hand and we run towards him.

"Hey, Eddie!" Heather shouted and he turn around and spotted us. 

"Greetings and Salutations." He quoted another line, as a greeting. I look down at his black combat boots, laces all tied up, up until I look up at his face once again. His hair is all slicked up, leaving a smaller piece of his hair resting down on his forehead and his piercing hazel eyes look back at us.

"Well, let's not waste our time here and get going!" Heather said. We walk towards the entrance doors to the building and we're on our way to the gym, where the party is being held.

 I look around and I noticed that Steven is nowhere to be seen and that's gonna be a problem.

As we walked in, loud music filled our ears and there are faint mumbles and laughter in the atmosphere. Orange, purple, and black decorations are decorated everywhere, and colorful, lively lights brighten up the entire room.

 Everyone is dancing, chatting, and having some fun and all of them are in different costumes.

 Some dressed up as Disney characters, video game characters and a few are wearing classic Halloween costumes like witches, skeletons, zombies, etc.

"Geez,  I'm thirsty. Let's get something to drink. " Heather said and the three of us walked over to the table filled with different kinds of foods. 

Cupcakes with green and purple frosting, variations of candy, and such. We picked up our red cups and pour some punch. The punch is in the shade of red and almost looks like blood and it even has some gummy eyes, teeth, and ears in there.

We filled up our cups and drink the red liquid. It's cranberry juice but it's a little bit sweeter than I thought it would. 

They probably pour in a little bit of sugar or probably it's because of the gummies that are in there.

I look around the room and I saw Steven hanging by the bleachers with some of his friends and he seems to be watching me. I look away and just try to enjoy the party.

__

We were just chatting for a while and then all of a sudden, an arm was wrapped around my waist, which made me flinch a bit, and pulled me away from Heather and Eddie. 

I look up as I put my hands on the hard chest but when I look at the familiar varsity jacket... I knew it was Lucas.

"Hey, Aurora. You're looking good tonight. Did you just make yourself prettier for me? Wait, who am I kidding? You're gorgeous every day." He said and I rolled my eyes, letting an annoyed groan.

"Tell that to your ex-girlfriend and while you're at it, try to get back together. Both of you have something in common - you're both annoying. Now, let me go!" I said as I punch his chest yet he didn't even budge.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Aurora Hills in the flesh. " I heard the voice of Tamara coming from Lucas' direction and she was wearing a prom dress.

"Trying to flirt with my ex-boyfriend here. Just as I thought." She said as she pushes me and I glare at her.

"God, you're getting on my nerves. Just leave me alone." I said as I completely break free from Lucas' grasp.

"Lucas, why would you waste your breath on someone like her?" She said, returning the glare.

"Simple. She's not some pathetic and snobby little brat like you." Lucas replied, which made her a little bit mad. "So glad that we're no longer together."

It became a heated argument and then Eddie grabs my hand and we walk away from them while Heather followed us from behind.

Steven's POV

Those two bastards seem to be hurting and annoying my Aurora and I don't like it.

Looks like it's gonna be a blood bath for them.

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 05/10/2023