Fair Deal (Chapter 6)

It was silent, not even the winds' smallest breeze could be this quiet as to hear a minor pin dropping or a mouse's breath but the pair's breath could be heard as the situation went from nothing to something.

James scrambled to his feet and was joined by Eve as they barged their shoulders' full force into the old wooden entry and knocked the door flying across the room, eyes locking with the shadowed woman's own, catching a glimpse of her face in the moonlight seeping through an imperfection in the window to the right of him, shining onto the left side of her face, it displayed pure white with shades of faded blue.

A mask? He didn’t have time to dwell on possibilities as the eye contact had its line snapped.

Three of her guards ushered the female towards another exit and James pursued but skidded to a halt along the firm yet cracked concrete, being opposed by six others, all with guns pointed directly at the pair, Eve nudged James' shoulder before div...

Three of her guards ushered the female towards another exit and James pursued but skidded to a halt along the firm yet cracked concrete, being opposed by six others, all with guns pointed directly at the pair, Eve nudged James' shoulder before diving to the side and bringing her sights up, taking a shot which was mirrored by James, both aiming for the people towards the middle of the line, one being shot in the artery running through their neck which splattered all into the air with extreme force, staining James' white undershirt once it slipped into the opening of his over-coat and the other got a bullet right through their mouth which sent them tumbling and falling backwards while cracking the back of their skull on the downwards collision. A mass of flying bullets bombarded the pair like rubble in an explosion, they dove behind a nearby outcropped wall and held their guns to the corner, shots thundering their general direction before stopping for a moment and being joined up with clicking sounds of rounds being replaced, they were reloading.

Peeking out, they spotted them also taking cover, leaning out as James and Eve did and taking a shot but it only just managed to ricochet off of the corner of the wall and shatter a nearby window causing glass to flutter throughout the room like a frenzy of migrating and transparent butterflies, glinting sunlight off of the backs of their wings in the space around it. James looked and felt as time seemed to slow out of pure adrenaline once more as it did before, catching a glimpse of one of the enemies in the reflection but had his attention taken off of that target when Eve alerted him of another that was making their way towards them with their guns locked onto them.

“Bond!”