Rest My Child (Chapter 5)

As Q got himself together and held his last lunch down, he turned towards Eve as she spoke, her eyes seemingly locked onto her phone.

“Bond, it’s midnight. We have to go.”

James took this advice into consideration and felt himself loosen his clutching fists, he had lost a lead once again. He still hasn’t gotten close to this fabled mafia mother and he certainly hasn’t even heard anything about this mystery woman. He sighed and slowly slipped his gun into the back of his trousers once again and adjusted his sleeves, following Eve down the stairs of the building they currently resided on the roof of, watching as she guided Q who had a weak stomach in that moment. James was quiet, he was confused yet also frustrated. Lost in his endless and tormenting thoughts. He got into the car once they reached their vehicle and started driving back to the hotel. James kept his eyes on the road, though it seemed it was locked behind his eyes and his mind was off somewhere else, this whole situation was confusing him, especially the villain of this whole scenario, where did she come from? How was she involved in this whole thing?

“Hey.”

Eve spoke, bringing him back from the dark oblivion of his mind,

"Bond.”

she called again before he shook his head to rid himself of the trance he had locked himself in.

“Yes, Ms. Moneypenny?”

He replied back to her, glancing over to his partner for a moment,

“Listen, I know this whole thing is starting to get to you.”

she admitted before he chuckled,

“It's not getting to me, I am fine.”

he lied to her as she frowned towards him, she could tell something was wrong by the clear distraction there was in his sights, half of the time she could tell he had gone auto-pilot with driving because his conscious self was living away from the body in that moment, they had been working together for long enough to recognise it.

“Don’t lie to me, Bond. It is and I know it is confusing you, it is getting to me too I will admit. This whole situation is affecting all of us, especially you. I get it, it can be scary when you get told that you don’t know where one of your dangerous enemies are but they apparently know where you are. It can make someone paranoid and wallow them into a state of insomnia to some extent.”

James seemed to be listening to Eve, which was good, what she was saying was important for the whole team to hear at this point,

“I’m sure we will figure something out, we just need to sleep on it.”

she advised, going quiet along with the others afterwards. Her eyes watched the stars glimmer in the dark abyss high above them, tinted by the overtone of orange that glared upon their car windows from the brightened streetlights that lined the vehicles' paths. Streaks of black and white as well as blues and red flashing by from other people's cars though they managed to get out of dodge before the reign of blues and reds firing off into the night sky as well as familiar alarm sirens crowding towards the incident sounded off into the night which caught Q's attention while his eyes followed the commotion of cars before turning back to the front, spotting Eve turning towards him and speaking softly,

[I]“Hey, you okay Q?”