Chapter 11 |Nightmare Over?|

|Sonic's.POV|

I slowly opened my eyes seeing nothing but blur. The Monster was still there but the setting was different. I wasn't outside in the cold anymore, I smelled burning flesh coming from a fireplace. The blur faded away when I realized I was in the Monster's house. What a sad fate to die at the hands of some cold-blooded killer who wanted me to smile at their pain and suffering.

"You know I'm starting to get pretty impatient with you darling," he said with his back turned against me. I hated him so much that I didn't say anything back he didn't deserve my words. "...Not gonna answer me..." He asked as if I was a child to him. The room was just dead silent with the crackling fire as an exception and that awful stench of those poor burning victims.

"I ask you to smile but you don't..so I stitch a beautiful smile on your face, then you suddenly want to get rid of it....so I offer you a deal and you still failed at that too. Pretty soon Sonic I'm probably just gonna kill you out of frustration" he smiled with a cocky ironic tone in his voice. He chuckled and walked up to me pinching my nose "I'm just kidding my love I'd never kill you~," he said.

"You said...you w-w-would eat me if you could." I stuttered. "Oh I think you'd taste so sweet~ Sweeter than honey and sugar, I just wonder what the rest of you would taste like. I wonder if your heart tastes as sweet as you do."

"But that's for another day...right now I wanna spend all my time with you. I think about you all the time.....your sweet voice is the voice I hear in my dreams....." He said all while his back was turned.

|Shadow's.POV|

I wasn't fully done with Sonic yet, it would only be a couple of hours until the sun rose so I wanted to keep going just to break him a little more. Eventually, he'll learn to love it just like I do.

When I finished burning the corpses or at least what remained of them I gently grabbed Sonic's hand and lifted him off the couch. "Let's do it again...but this time I want you to help me." I happily suggested. He quickly started shaking his head while I pulled him towards the front door.

We started walking around the neighborhood which was like a ghost town because no one was out tonight. Oh well, there are many other places to go.

|Amy's.POV|

"Just try calling him again," I asked Tails. "Amy that's the first thing I did, he doesn't answer back. I'm really worried." Tails cried. Sonic hasn't answered his phone all week and he hasn't shown up to school lately. He hasn't answered his phone at all and we don't know where he is. "Just think Tails, when was the last time you were in contact with him," I asked. "Well, it was on Friday when we were talking on the phone. We were talking about that one party that Knuckles was having and after that, I can't remember," he said.

"Okay well just think hard, Sonic said he wasn't going to that party for a reason...but why?" I asked. "Sonic doesn't like going to big parties like that, he just likes staying at home." Tails answered.

We called the cops and filed a missing person's report when we realized it got serious. We've checked at Sonic's house countless times and everything was the same. There was no sign that he was there at all. If he went away somewhere else he always tells us about it first. He doesn't just suddenly leave without warning.

"Shadow!" Tails shouted. "What?" I asked. "Sonic said he was going to hang out at Shadow's house during the phone call." Tails said. "That guy is strange I don't know why Sonic ever wanted to hang out with him," I said crossing my arms. "Come on we have to go see if he's there." Tails said grabbing his jacket and running out the door. I grabbed my phone and chased after him.

"Tails hold on a second." I stopped him. "We don't know anything about Shadow, he could be extremely dangerous for all we know," I said.

"Amy this is Sonic we're talking about, he's been missing for a long time." He cried. I tried to comfort him as well as I could but I still felt unsafe about going to someone's house who we don't know that well. The police did say they would update us with any new information they could find. Shadow has always had this evil presence that I wanna keep Tails away from. I'm just looking out for our safety.

"Well maybe we can get someone strong to help us out..like knuckles he's a pretty intimidating guy." Tails suggested.

I sighed and looked at the twin-tailed fox, his eyes glowed with hope. He missed Sonic a lot. "Okay then, if Knuckles agrees to come with us and help protect us then we can go," I said making Tails smile.

|Sonic's.POV|

My scarf was the only thing that kept me warm. The cold winter air was so cold it felt like I was being stabbed with little knives in my vulnerable areas. Shadow and I hid in the dark shadows while he looked for another victim to murder. I didn't pay attention to it though, I hid my face with my scarf and covered my ears so I didn't have to suffer through the screams of whoever was next.

"Hmm...perfect..." Shadow whispered. I could faintly hear him standing up. And harshly he pulled me by my ear and pointed to two people walking by. "Look over there," he said. I shut my eyes tight not even wanting to see their faces when it happened. All I could hear was the cold wind and the voices of the people who were now walking away from us. Remember we were hiding in the dark shadows so no one could see us. I may have just been hallucinating but the voices sounded so familiar. It gave me a warm feeling inside telling me that everything was going to be okay.

|Tail's.POV|

The cold wind on the walk to Knuckle's house was so strong I thought I was gonna fly away with it. "Wh-why does...Kn-knuckles live...so far." Amy asked with a frustrated tone. "We're...almost there.Amy." I replied holding her hand out of comfort. It wasn't much longer I could see his house from where we were standing. I just hope he doesn't mind us coming over this late.

Never mind he's gonna be furious, but it's for Sonic. We kept walking until Knuckle's house was just across the street. Just as we were about to cross I got a sudden chill not from the wind but from something else. I could feel as if something or someone was watching us. It sounded like something was running towards us fast and I couldn't see what it was, but whatever it was scared the hell out of me.

My reflexes kicked in and the first thing on my mind was to protect Amy. I stood in front of her acting as a shield to whatever was running up to us and held her hand tightly.

|Sonic's.POV|

Those voices were familiar, it took me a couple of seconds to realize who they belonged to. Could this be them? The silhouettes were the only thing that truly helped me out in this situation. I noticed one of those people had the silhouette of a fox, now if this fox had more than one Tail then it was officially them. I squinted my eyes hard trying to spot another tail. The darkness made it super difficult but as they kept walking past a street light I looked closely at the fox and I could not describe how happy I was when I saw that second tail fluttering with the other. It was Tails and Amy....right there probably looking for me.

I didn't even think twice about it, time seemed to slow down as if it was a movie. I felt myself stand up and quickly I took a step out of the darkness and ran as fast as I could feeling the stitches becoming loose again, the speed I was going and the harshness of it all made me bleed from my mouth again. I didn't care I was finally gonna be free again. Tears were running down my face as I ran.

But soon enough I realized that Shadow was chasing after me. If this doesn't go well then I think I may have just led them to their deaths.

When I caught up to them I fell on my knees and cried. "S-Sonic?" I heard Tails say. "Guys please go get help!!" I screamed. Shadow's footsteps echoed through the neighborhood getting closer and closer...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~