One-shot 3

Your eyes flutter open as you feel the sun shining on your face from the crack between the curtains. You simply lay there for a moment, trying to recollect the activities of last night, which seem to be completely devoid of your knowledge.

You shift around in the unknown bed to face the other way and, with surprise, discover a mop of curly hair resting on the pillow beside yours.

You face back towards the roof and suddenly the memories of the previous night come flooding back to you. You remember a pair of strong arms holding you against a rock hard chest as you moved your body in unison with another. Being in his arms made you feel peaceful and relaxed. You were dancing and laughing and having a good time, which was something you haven’t had in a long time.

Bits and pieces slowly reveal themselves to you, the last thing you recall being being carried to the bedroom bridal style.

You barely know the sleeping person beside you. You had caught each other’s eyes at a club and hit it off straight away, exchanging numbers and agreeing to take your newfound friendship to a more private place. You were sure he looked familiar from somewhere, you just couldn’t quite identify where exactly.

You stare absently into the distance until you hear movement coming from beside you, following with a sleepy sigh. You feel as if you’re being watched and turn to see a gorgeous pair of green eyes studying you curiously before travelling up to meet your own sparkling blue and grey orbs.

“Hello,” he murmurs.

“Hello,” you murmur back.

You don’t do or say anything for the next few minutes except look into each other’s eyes before you speak up.

“Where am I?”

“My place.”

Judging by the way he is looking at you you don’t think he knows any more than you do about the clouded events that took place last night.

“Who are you?” He groans, reaching his fingers up to rub his temples.

“Who are you?”

He looks at me incredulously, as if surprised a pretty much stranger doesn’t know his name.

“Harry. Harry Styles.”

You look at him for a little while before recognition finally breaks through.

“Oh Jesus,” you moan, slowly rising from the warm bed.

“Where are you going?” he starts, sitting up.

“Um… well… home.”

Well this day was not off to an awkward start. You had never expected to have slept with a member of one of the biggest boy bands of right now and not even know who he was. Sure you’d seen the guys on TV a couple of times and heard some talk of them but that was about it.

You look over to see him muttering to himself. “My dad and managers are going to kill me, ugh.”

You look down and flush as you realize your current attire; leopard print underwear.

You quickly grab your tiny red dress, which is not that much better but all you have, and pull it on hastily, not daring to look back at Harry until something hits you.

“Did we use protection?”

A look of doom became prominent on his face. You didn’t even have to hear him say it to know the answer.

Your heart fails to respond as you cup your face in your hands.

“It’s okay.” He gets up and rushes around to you. “It’s okay, this doesn’t mean you’re pregnant.”

He wraps his arms around you and you feel instant comfort and warmth flood through you and suddenly all your worries disappear.

“But it’s still a possibility.”

“Do you want to make some pancakes?” he asks innocently.

Pancakes? Is he serious? How random can you get?

He sees the growing confusion in your face and says, “It’ll help get your mind off things.”

“Fine, I’ll make some bloody pancakes,” you say, a smile forming on your lips despite everything going on.

You follow him into the humongous, polished stainless steel kitchen and sit down on a stool as he gets out the ingredients.

“Your house is huge,” you say.

“Yeah, well it’s not exactly small,” he laughs.

A light smile plays on your lips as you begin making the pancakes.

Harry grins cheekily and uses the flour to draw army stripes on his face. You giggle at his silliness and do the same.

You realize he has made you laugh and smile like no one ever has with his bad jokes and downright cuteness.

When you are done with the pancakes you pile them onto a plate and bring them over to a couch where you both sit.

“So…”

“So…” you repeat awkwardly, biting into one of the pancakes.

“I never got your name.”

“Oh, it’s Madeline.” You smile.

“What a pretty name, it sounds as if it belongs to a princess.”

You blush and look down.

“I’m sorry about last night.”

You chuckle lightly, “What do you have to apologize for? We both barely remember it I imagine.”

He nods his head and you continue eating in silence.

When you have both finished and the dishes are piled up Harry comes and grabs your shoulders.

“Everything will be alright, okay?” he says, looking deeply into your eyes, making you go hot. “I know we barely know each other and I’m sorry this had to happen but I promise I’ll support you through it.”

For some inexplicable reason you find yourself leaning in and you close your eyes. Not long after a pair of warm, rough lips meet your own. He tastes of peppermint. The soft, gentle kiss lasts a little while before you both break away somewhat unwillingly and Harry speaks.

“Friends?”

“Friends with benefits.” You smirk and hit him playfully on the arm.

Friends with benefits indeed.

* * *

I'm sorry it took so long for me to do, my workload has been insane lately. Thanks for being patient though, love :) xoxo