eight

At the back of LOV hideout

"Tell me the truth. Is she really your daughter?" Kurogiri questions, talking through a burner phone. Kirigiri was sneaked out to the back of the building as soon as the TV inside went black. He was hiding something. Kurogiri took notice of when his boss showed his face to young Izuku. "Izuku is my beloved's daughter. My daughter." What bothered Kurogiri was how he said my beloved's daughter first and his daughter last. Wouldn't a father's instinct be to say that's their daughter?

Silence on the other end of the line. Until all for one finally speaks. "You know me too well, Kurogiri. Well, you are one of my closest friends after all." There's a sigh on the other end. "No. I am not her biological father. But I could be for her unlike that bastard."

Kurogiri takes a minute to assess the problem and breathes out. "Being there for her isn't enough. You'll only make the situation worse by lying. Just tell her the truth and I'm sure she'll understand. She's a decent girl."

All for One knew it wasn't right. He knew that Izuku had the right to know the truth. But he couldn't bring himself to admit that the daughter of the woman he loved dearly, his first friend even before kurogiri, was the daughter of another man.

The flashbacks started coursing through his brain again. All for one was used to these now, the pain he felt in his head and heart. The nightmares never did stop after that incident.

All For One's Flashbacks

"What are you? A freak like you wants to be hero? You don't even deserve to be here!" A little boy named Riku Takahashi shouted as he and his group kicked me. I am 6 years old and was constantly bullied by Riku and his 'friends.' I could feel myself losing grip on consciousness, my vision was turning black and I couldn't move.

The main reason I was bullied was because I was one of the few people in the world who did not have a quirk. Or at least it just hadn't developed yet. I was the only person in my class who's quirk had not come. The bullying almost always happened under a bridge next to a shallow stream.

"Leave him alone!" someone shouted. I opened one eye and saw a small girl with green eyes and pretty hair to match them. I had never seen her before but I knew she'd be in danger if she stood up for me.

Riku and his followers turn and laugh to themselves when they saw her. This is bad, she doesn't stand a chance against Riku. Especially if there's water. I need to get up. I need to save her!

"Stay away from him you bullies! He's had enough, can't you see he's hurt?" She screamed. Riku slowly walked closer to her. "You don't wanna mess with us little girl. If you mind your own business, then maybe you won't get hurt," He said slyly. Lies. Riku would send two of his followers to track her down and give her a lesson about messing with them. After all that's how we met in the first place when I hoped to save someone.

Bits of rock started floating in the air around the girl. Woah, is this her quirk? It's pretty awesome but it must be hard judging by her tired expression. "Let him go or else I-I'll force you to!" She yelled. Riku smirked and raised an eyebrow his friends chuckling at her attempt. "Y'know we could've gotten along really well, pretty girl. Too bad now."

My eyes widened as his right hand was raised towards the stream. No, she's gonna get hurt...because of me.

The girl looks terrified and with a shout she throws her arms toward Riku sending the bits of rock at him. "Rock bullets!" she yells as loud as she could. All I could see was dust explode and I close my eyes. When it cleared there was a water barrier in front of Riku and all of us, blocking the girls attack. Riku smiled and twisted his hand, flicking it in the girls direction. Rocks and shards of water.

"Aaaaaaahh!" the green-haired girl screamed. Then I heard Riku laugh. He laughed when he was about to hurt an innocent person. "NO!!" I shout.

My vision has turned white.

There was a man in a black suit standing before me, his back turned.

"Do you want to punish those who hurt others for no necessary. Who have power to change the world, but use it for the benefit of themselves."

I look up at him and he's facing me, kneeling down to see my face. He outstretches his hand...and I take it.

"Yes, I do." I say, gulping down the fear in my voice. The man smiles and everything goes so bright I need to close my eyes.

"What the-how? Why are you there!?" I hear Riku shout. There's a whimper behind me and I hear small thank you's. I turn and see the green girl kneeling on the ground and trembling. Then I realise something strange. I feel a sort of warmth surging through my body. There are rocks and water floating in the air. I can feel it, the will I control. Riku and his friends are staring at me, terrified and confused.

Is this what power feels like?

I like it.