Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"Are you hurt?" I asked, trying to keep my voice as calm and collected as possible. He shook his head quickly as he sniffled, his own tears finally stopping as well.

"No Momma. The nice man rescued me before they hurt me." His little voice was like music to my ears, a sound I wanted to hear all day everyday until the day I died. Jack pointed up to the man as he spoke. My eyes met with his as I gathered Jack into my arms once more, taking him with me as I stood up before placing him on my hip.

"It was amazing, he moves so fast. He's like the flash!" Jack said with excitement. I chuckled softly.

"Oh? Wow that is so cool!" Mimicking his excitement. I didn't want him to be scared anymore and this was the best way to get the information I needed from him. He was much more open when he wasn't scared.

"What happened before that?" I asked keeping my voice soft, trying not to put any pressure into my words.

"A man took me into the woods, said we were going to play hide and seek. It was really fun at first but he started to get really mean. I said I wanted to come back home and see you but he told me no." Jackson frowned.

"Oh no, What else happened, what did he say?" I kept my face neutral, not letting the anger inside me show.

"I begged him to take me home but he just got meaner. Screamed at me and started to drag me further into the woods. I fought Momma, I really did. I tried to get away but he was just so strong." His little lower lip poked out, quivering slightly. He pulled the sleeve of his hoodie up revealing a large hand shaped bruise on his upper arm. My blood began to boil in my veins at the sight of it.

"I cried and cried but he wouldn't let go. His friends showed up and they were all laughing at me Momma. Saying really mean things to me, calling me names." Tears pooled in his beautiful hazel eyes, making my heart ache all over again.

"They called me a pathetic little runt, a waste of space and that I wasn't good for anything.. is..is that true Momma?"

"Oh baby." I hugged him to my chest tightly. "Don't you dare listen to a thing they said okay? You are one of the most important people in my life. You are so strong, and so smart. They were just mean, horrible people. When someone says something mean just ignore them. You are amazing, perfect just they way you are." My motherly instincts were torn between wanting to stay here and comfort him or tracking these men down, tearing them apart with my bare hands. Jackson sniffled into the crook of my neck and nodded. I held him at arms length again.

"Anything else?"

"They sad that they were going to ki..kill you Momma.."

Jackson sniffled, the tears spilling over and rolling down his rosie red cheeks. A murderous growl echoed around us, Dominic stood a few feet away, his eyes jet black as his body shook with rage. Behind him numerous growls rang out as the pack snapped at the bit to take out the threat to their Luna.

"Where are they?!" Dom roared, barreling towards us with the long strides of his legs.

Dominic came to a stop next to me, wrapping one arm around me, pulling me into his broad chest. The other taking Jack from my hip, Jack's arms wrapped around his neck, hugging him tightly. My right arm snaked around the small of his back, clinging onto him tightly as I reached up with my other, rubbing Jackson's back. The man I only knew as Alpha Green's mate finally spoke once Dom had us in his arms, instantly calming him. His hand slid down my side, stopping on my hip. He gripped it tightly but not in a painful manner. He was supporting my weight, knowing I was growing weaker once again. I tightened my arm that was wrapped around him, sending him a silent thank you.