"It's Rhodes!"

Mickey 

I opened my eyes to the soft glow of the sun in the distance. That alone was enough sun light to cause me to shield my eyes. Where the fuck was I? And why was the sun out? 

I threw my legs over the side of the bed and tugged at the over sized t shirt that draped over my small body. I looked over the unfamiliar room in confusion. Where the hell was I? It sure in the hell wasn't Tennessee's spot. Her spot wasn't nearly as big. 

The longer I took in my surroundings the more it dawned on me that it was a man's room. I couldn't remember much of last night which was odd to me. Just the beginnings of it. Everything else was blotchy as I tried to recall it. 

All I could remember was heading over to the southside to link up with Tennessee. I remember going to Benny's. I remember dancing. And I remember drinking. There was a lot of drinking. I remember wanting to see Ronnie. Wait I think I did see Ronnie. But this most definitely wasn't Ronnie's spot. It was too immaculate. Although I had never seen the inside of Ronnie's home I highly doubted it would resemble this place. Ronnie seemed like the type of nigga who would have fitted caps on the walls and empty Cîroc bottles lined up on the mantle. Not black art and bookshelves full to the brim. 

I finally gave up trying to remember. Just thought it best to find my clothes and purse and get the fuck out of there. I shuffled around for a bit but found nothing of mine in the room. The only thing in here that belonged to me was me. I rolled my eyes before taking a deep breath and heading for the door. 

It led to a short hall which opened to a very large living room area. I paused before entering when I heard the familiar sound of a spatula scrapping the bottom of a skillet. I peeped my head around the corner still unsure of what or should I say who I was going to find there. Who ever it was hadn't murdered me last night so that was a plus. But I still couldn't be too certain I was out of danger just yet. I had seen way too many Lifetime movies to be that naïve. 

"Oh, baby, let's, let's stay together
Loving you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad."
Trevante sang. 

I watched him two step around the kitchen for a moment. Knowing that if I interrupted him ... this side of him ... his vulnerable side ... would probably disappear forever. I couldn't make sense of why I was in his apartment. Especially after our class yesterday. I was sure I never wanted to see him again. But at this very moment  a small part of me was very happy to see him. For whatever reason.

I noticed he was wearing airbuds and was confident that he wouldn't hear me sneak up behind him granted the key in which he was singing the song. "Hi!" I yelled tapping him on the shoulder. He spun around in shock quickly dropping the spatula in his hand before taking a defensive stance. I quickly caught it, placing it back into the skillet just behind him. He placed his hands in a praying manor before whispering something to himself and pulling out one of his buds. 

"You do know it's not polite to sneak up on people right?" He quizzed snatching away his other airbud. 

"You might wanna turn those off." I suggested making my way around him and doing it myself. Nothing's worse than over cooked eggs. 

He softly shook his head before turning back toward the stove. He mumbled something slightly disrespectful but I was too hungry to care. I turned the corner and eagerly placed myself on one of the stools that dawned his kitchen island. I saw that he had already begun to plate other things. I could see two plates of pancakes and another two with nearly burned turkey bacon and fresh fruit slices. I sat quietly as he spooned on the eggs he had nearly over cooked. 

He took my plates into his hands and slowly turned toward me before mumbling something else to him self. "I'm not that good of a chef." He admitted placing my plates in front of me.