I Will Love You For All Eternity

Chapter Twenty-Three

-Cassandra-

One Year Later...

It took a lot of convincing and a lot of visits for Mom and Dad to actually like Maria, and accept the fact the two of us were finally officially dating. In fact, with her living in New Jules, she was so close, and we made sure to visit each other everyday.

Once Dad completely accepted it, he even helped her get a job, and gave her a hand with bills for the first couple months.

Standing in front of the mirror, I make sure I look great. I wore a simple spring dress, with my hair up in a side braid.

I fix my necklace, glancing at the ring that hung on it. 'I will love you for all eternity', it read.

"Maria is here!" Mom called from downstairs.

Grabbing a pair of shoes, I race down the stairs.

"You look great," Maria says breathlessly.

"Thanks," I blush.

Dad came from the kitchen. "Remember, make sure you're not out after eleven,"

I laugh lightly.

"You really think after a year of always bringing her home on time, I'll just stop?" Maria asks him.

He gives her a warm smile. "I just want my girl home safe,"

"Of course, Mr.Johnson,"

Maria takes my hand, and walks me to her car.

We drive to one of our favorite parks in New Jules.

"It's a beautiful evening," I note, as we walk up the grassy hill.

"Look at the clouds," Maria points to the sky.

They were a dazzling pink, orange, and purple, with hints of blue swirling together. The rays of the setting sun illuminated them, making it all the more perfect.

"It reminds me of the sunset from the night we met," I say.

"You're right, but I think this one's better,"

"Why's that?"

"Because, this time instead of seeing you as some stranger, I get to say you're my girlfriend,"

I blush, looking away. "You know, for you being the one who isn't into the mushy love stuff, you sure are a romantic,"

"What can I say? I have the best girlfriend in the world!"

I laugh. "Stop it. If anything it's me who has an amazing girlfriend,"

We stood there, admiring the beauty of dusk.

"I was wondering, since you're graduating soon, if you'd want to move in with me," Maria proposes.

"Really?"

"Well, if you'd want too,"

"I'd love too,"

"Seriously?" her face lit up.

"Why wouldn't I?" I chuckle.

As the shadows of dusk slowly crept in around us, we shared a blissful kiss.

"I will love you for all eternity," I murmur.

"Eu vou te amar por toda a eternidade," Maria replied under her breath.

-The End-