Part 1

"Hello?"

"Hello, Is that Khushi?"

"Yes, This is Khushi speaking"

"Beta, This is Parth's father"

"Oh, Hi Uncle, ..." the sinking feeling in her stomach rose up to her chest, the uneasiness spreading all over a thousandfold once she recognized the person on the other side. Why was his father calling her at this time of night?

"Do you know where is Parth right now? His colleagues last seen him leaving for lunch after that there is no news of him, his phone is not reachable, he... he is missing."

"WHAT? Missing?" did she just heard it right? At close to 11' o clock in the night his father calls her and she is questioned about his whereabouts.

"Do you know anything about his whereabouts?"

"NO, I didn't meet him for the last two years, a week back we spoke over a call but that was a general talk, other than that I knew nothing" her voice was trembling in sync to her trembling hands."Inform me if you come to know any details."

"Yes, I'll try to find out from others and give a call back on the same" she assured his father but what about her? Who is going to say to her that everything is fine?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dammit," as much as she tried to act normal in front of her parents owing to her discomposure they questioned her until she blurted out about him missing since that afternoon and the call from his father and they sat looking at her while she kept trying to call NK while the network stated he was busy over another call. Redial button was pressed until NK noticed the emergency in her calling at this time and took the call.

"What is it Khu? Why are trying to ......" NK spoke into the phone in his usual way but he was cut off.

"All that later, do you know where he is?" there were no pleasantries exchanged.

"HE? Who He? Oh, your boyfriend?" he smiled into the phone trying to gauge her reactions.

"Nk, please, he is missing since today afternoon, his phone is not reachable and his father called me" as much as she loves his easy-going nature now is not the time.

"What? Oh cool, Khu, the battery may have been dead and no for your question, I haven't spoken to him in recent"Sighing she shared the mobile number so that NK can contact his family if at all he comes to know of any update and also requested to speak to his family about what has transpired as she cannot call them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day she received a call from Parth's family, it was his extended family this time who questioned her if she knew anything. As much as she tried to be normal, the moment her phone rings her heart beats would rise in the worry of what she would come to learn of his current state. From the possibility of him being met with an accident to the unreasonable thought of him getting kidnapped everything passed through her thoughts all night.

NK called her next morning assuring that the hospitals were checked and no news of him still. That evening NK questioned her if they were on fighting terms with each other as his family has been in an assumption that she is responsible for his unpredicted departure. The revelation left her startled, what does that mean? If they are presuming that he is with her, it meant he still hasn't told them that they are not together anymore. Does it mean, he is trying to make their relationship work? On further questioning, Nk told that the family has seen their heated conversations on phone.

"WAIT, WAIT, what did they see?"

"Khushi, they said he was speaking to you for long hours and also the fight you people had was clear in the messages."

"NK, I think there is some misunderstanding here, it's true that we spoke a week back, but as I said before it was general talk about his work and family nothing other than that, the call lasted mostly for five minutes that's it, there was no fight, no messages, no continuous calls." was it a moment back that she felt happy thinking that there is still a chance for them to be together like before? 

---------------------------------------------------

A week has passed since that incident there was still no news about him, but some facts came into the light. Parth left on his will without informing his family, he was involved with some other girl all while making his parents believe it was Khushi, but why? That was still a question. For time being at least, his family has understood that Khushi was nowhere related to the mishap, it was of some relief to her, she doesn't want the family to hate her thinking she turned their son against them for her while she had no idea of his plans. 

One fine day the succeeding week Khushi finally received a call from Parth.

"Hello..." the unsettling feeling still hasn't left her.

"Hello, it's me..."

"Hello? W..Wh...Who is... is it?" was it him? but she wants to be sure.

"It's me Parth"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" unchecked tears rolled down.

"On the way to home," his response was brief.

"Good, have you informed your family?" they are worried sick for him.

"I know what to do, you don't have to poke your nose into it, I came to know that my family spoke to you, just wanna know what did they ask and your answers to them." were his curt words.

"I...You go back safely, all this can be discussed later" saying so she cut the call before the hurt from his behavior reflects in her tone. But for her the later never came and her questions of why were left still in the corners of the heart.

...........................................................................................

ONE YEAR LATER

"Yes, Yes, YESSSS, I will be there in ten minutes if you would cut the call now otherwise the whole day, I would still be here answering to you that I'm ready to leave." she smiled into the phone.

"Oh, is it? OK, let's see".

.........

"Finally, you arrived, I thought my children would also be waiting like me in their altar waiting for you to show your presence in their wedding" he spoke side hugging her.

"How mean can you get? Let me deal with you after BHABHI comes, what say?" she was no less in giving back.

"Khu, La is always on my side" his cheeky smile was prominent while speaking of his love.

"Everyone present here is aware of that, I'm so happy for you bro, you found your love"

"You too would Khushi..." he was about to say further but he saw Khushi going still in his arms looking over his shoulder.NK straightened before turning back to invite the person to his side, upon seeing whom Khushi became all silent. He so wished Lavanya to be his side to handle Khushi right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess a lot of readers would be upset that it is not Arnav but Parth who was Khushi's boyfriend, but our dear Arnav will show his presence in the next update for sure. 

Now let me know your thoughts on the update by commenting and also if readers would still want me to continue the story as Parth is involved.