Part 5(A)

"NK please, now you don't start again with..." she was tired with everything happening in her life.

" No Khushi, I'm serious, I want to know what is on your mind?" he cut before she completes her sentence.

"I can't do this, to Arnav, to anyone else, hell I can't even imagine being in the relationship and not giving them 100% of me." she tried to be calm and explain, only NK can cancel this proposal and she has to make him see her point.

"I don't understand Khu, why do you have to hold back anything? what is stopping you?"

" I still haven't gotten over the fact that I was a failure in my first love" she choked into the phone, the emotions bringing tears to her eyes.

"Khushi, I know that story of yours but he has moved on isn't it? than I don't see why you should not give your life a second chance?" he knew her condition, but she was wasting her life for someone who never bothered to come clean to her.

"He may have moved on easily, he may have never loved me in the first place and all that was transpired between us may be just infatuation for him but I was genuine all through the span of it and even now, my feelings are true, I have imagined my whole life with him, trust me NK when I say I tried to come out of it, but I still get reminded of him and it just ..." she sobbed unable to continue further.

"Don't tell me you would stalk him for the rest of your life and sit in a corner to weep for the coming next seven births, if this is what you are planning to do, then let me tell you that, I won't mind letting your parents know about your madness without further delay." he hissed.

"You know you can't do that" she was back to her consciousness which warned her what her parents may feel if it comes out like this.

"I can and I will if I don't listen to good news in the next week, one week that is the time you get to clean your mind out with any unnecessary issues and take life as it comes," he gave an ultimatum.

"Khu, I'm not pushing you to marry Arnav if that's what you think , even though La has already started planning her dresses on different occasions in your wedding, but if you don't like him, i will be the first person to stop this at any moment, if you want to see other proposals before saying yes to it than fine we will do it, if you want to take time to spend time with Arnav I will speak to him, anything you want can happen until it is you trying to move on, but if you want to escape this phase in your life entirely, then you are leaving me no choice." he declared, there was no way he would let his friend to take stupid decisions in her life.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Khushi sat on bed clutching her head. It's not that she wants to drown herself in self-pity but all she wanted was to turn back the time to make sure she never met Parth and maybe today she wouldn't have to face this situation.

Why is NK so stubborn, there may be people like Parth on one side who wouldn't take much time to move on but there are people like her too who couldn't forget everything so easily, she takes time, more time than anyone ever, she is like that , it's not her choice to be like this.

Your likes and comments are my encouragement to write more and update frequently.